College Holiday Break As Told By Nick Miller

Nick Miller. Turning lemons into lemonade since 1981.

95
Flickr Creative Commons

For me, break used to be a short amount of time where everyone enjoyed a week off from school. As much as I love my family and being able to spend time with my friends who live in Fairfield, CT, being away from Marist for an entire month is heartbreaking. I miss the atmosphere, the people, the sense of community, and the activities that Marist has to offer.

Overall, a little break from stress, drama, school work, and classes is great, but being home for an entire month does get a little repetitive after a while. And someone who gets it is the one and only sarcastic, childish, and hilarious Nick Miller (played by Jake Johnson) from "New Girl."

1. When you wake up and you realize that you're not in your dorm room:

2. When you have to go out into the real world and make money instead of partying:

3. When it's holiday season and you have a giant family reunion coming where everyone attacks you and asks you how college is:

4. When people ask you what you did over break:

5. When people ask you how your break is going:

6. But everyone else knows that you're bored out of your mind:

7. But it's going to be OK since before you know it, you will be going back to "studying at the library" soon: