I'm So Happy I Found My 'College Friend Group'

"Though I've only known these people for a little over a year, it feels like we've been friends since we were kids."

327
Favim

Most people who graduate high school have a huge group of soulmates that they've grown up with, and are torn apart to see one another go as they end high school and go off to separate colleges.

They've spent practically 18 years together, and have huge reunions on breaks home from college. They all went to prom together with dates who were friends, went to somebody's beach house together for the weekend after prom, and had huge graduation parties with the whole group of friends and family. Many people look back on high school as the best four years of their life, where they met their absolute best friends for life.

For me, this wasn't the case.

Don't get me wrong, I have a few friends I grew up with and went to high school with that will probably be my bridesmaids, but I never had that giant group of close friends that are more like sisters.

That is, until I got to college.

There's many people that I'm extremely grateful for in life, and many of those people are the best friends that I've met in college. Though I've only known these people for a little over a year, it feels like we've been friends since we were kids. Being in college is so different, because you really do spent every waking moment with your friends, and this creates the strongest bonds.

We really do spend every minute of the day together, and having a huge group of girls that you can always rely on is one of the best feelings in life. Your friends aren't there to judge the person you were in high school, but to love the person you've blossomed into upon coming to college. It's almost strange that I'm so close with, have so many memories with, and know so much about these people that I've known for such a short amount of time. Strange, but wonderful.

One of the downsides of finding your group of best friends in college is being home on breaks. You feel homesick to college being home on break, because you aren't constantly surrounded by people who spend every minute with you laughing and building each other up. However, distance doesn't stop us from driving hours to meet up and visit one another, and planning huge beach trips and road trips all summer. It really does allow you to visit new places all over and get out of your boring old hometown.

You may have your group of best friends from high school that you've known since first grade, and sure, I do envy you a little bit. But I couldn't be luckier to have truly found a group of people that I'll be best friends for life with in college.

To all my college friends, thank you for finding me, and somehow making me feel like your sister in such a short period of time. I honestly couldn't feel any luckier.