College Explained Through Songs From Musicals

So truthful you'll want to laugh and cry all at the same time.

37
High School Musical

There are many aspects of college that are hard to expain, but some of them can be described through some memorable musicals You'll want to give up, cry and not want to think about how little money you have all at once, but I guess that truly is what college is all about.

1. Money Money Money - Mamma Mia

Debt, loans, tuition, food- every college kid knows the ins and outs of feeling absolutely broke at some point in time. Then you have the realization that this is why kids in college live solely on a diet of ramen - because it’s so cheap. We all have those days where you like to sit and imagine that you’re a little bit richer than you are at the moment where you feel like crying because that is how poor you feel.

2. Hopelessly Devoted to You - Grease

There’s probably been at least one person that you’ve met in college that doesn’t seem to suck as much as the rest of the people you’ve met. They seem so completely perfect - until they aren’t. The thing is, this person could very well end up screwing you over. It happens to the best of us. You cry, you eat ice cream, you move on. Who knows, maybe it’ll work out, just like it did for Danny and Sandy.

3. What Time is it? - High School Musical 2

Summer break is possibly one thing that every single college student has in common and counts down the days for, because that begins the time where we no longer have to sit around writing endless papers and taking stupid exams. So what if the High School Musical cast seems a little too excited- at least they aren’t dying during finals like the rest of us.

4. Sixteen Going on Seventeen - Sound of Music

Okay, so maybe no one is actually in the process of turning seventeen in college- you are still aging at some point, and this song fits for any person who is being the process of growing up. It’s also catchy. Get over it.

5. Get Your Head in the Game - High School Musical

Finals or midterms approach eventually and you truly will have to get your sh*t together. I mean we’d all like to pretend all we need to focus on is basketball, but come on - we can’t all be as perfect as Troy Bolton.

6. I’ll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan

Yet another song that accurately describes finals and midterms. College exams truly will make something out of you, even if at the most it’s just an exhausted, crying and dead version of who you once were.

7. A Whole New World - Aladdin

College truly is a whole new world. If you’re a freshman you’ve probably experienced this feeling at some point. Who knows, maybe you’ve experienced love since entering college too. If only we all could be as lucky as Jasmine.

8. I Wan’na Be Like You- The Jungle Book

In college you’ve probably met a least one person that is your true definition of someone you aspire and strive to be. They’re probably older and wiser than you and probably have a hell of a lot more clue on what exactly you’re supposed to be doing while in college. These people are a lifeline. You will want to be their friend. You will want to be them.

9. It's A Hard Knock Life - Annie

College truly makes you want to scream at all the responsibilities you have at some point during your time. Much like Annie, there always seems to be endless things that you have to do just to please your professors. I mean shout out to them I guess, at least they aren’t as cruel as Ms. Hannigan.

10. Go the Distance - Hercules

There comes a point in your time at college where you have to truly believe in yourself and tell yourself that you can actually get through the hell that you’re at some point being put through. It’s tough at many times, but in the end you will get through it and it will be worth it.

11. We Go Together - Grease

As always, all good things must come to an end. Whether you are leaving all the friends you’ve made at college for the summer, or you’re a senior and you’re graduating and leaving for the real world, you and your friends from college will always be together and will always have the memories you’ve made during your crazy days in college.