I'm In College But I Don't Know What I'm Doing With My Life

I'm going with the flow.

458

I'm in college, but I don't know what I'm doing with my life. I entered as a freshman with a clear-cut path and a foreseeable goal: a four-year degree in journalism with a minor in photography so that I could one day be a photojournalist for National Geographic. However, life has a funny way of changing things around and turning plans upside down. I realized about halfway through my first semester that I did NOT want to complete my degree in journalism. I love to write, but looking at all the classes I would have to take exhausted me. So, I switched to Cinematic Arts. After all, I like photography, creative writing, and video editing, and this major encompasses all of those things.

So now here I am, at the end of my sophomore year, about to begin the two-year program in the fall. I have an idea of what I might like to do, but I really don't know at this point. People are starting to ask me what my plans are post-graduation, and honestly, I don't know yet.

When you're in college, you have to balance a million different things: classes, a social life, roommates, dorm responsibilities, a balanced sleep schedule, etc. Sometimes it can get really overwhelming. And I just wanted to let all of my fellow college students know that if you don't know exactly what you're going to do with your life, that's okay. Just the fact that you're in college pursuing a higher education in the first place is awesome.

I know I may not end up getting a job in the field of my degree - sometimes it just turns out that way. But for now, I know with confidence that I'm following an educational path in things that I'm actually passionate about and have a talent for. So even though I don't know what the next bit of my life will look like, I know that I'm on my way.

I don't have to worry about it now. I'm taking things one day at a time. Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own." I don't know about you, but I'm inclined to agree with Jesus. I know that He has a clear-cut plan for my life and that I'm meant to be at Liberty University. I trust that He will provide a path for me - but even if He doesn't, that's still okay. Because the reality of it is, nobody ever really knows exactly what they're doing in life. Life is new to everybody, constantly changing and ever-evolving. So if I don't know what I'm going to do as of right now, so be it. I'm just going to accept that, go with the flow, and take life one step at a time so that I don't miss anything.