Studying out of state is full of possibilities

I get it, studying in a different state can be scary, new, exciting, amazing, and exhilarating, but that's all a part of spreading your wings and letting yourself fly like an eagle. So if you're given the opportunity to study in a different state, you should go for it and here's why.

1. It allows you to discover yourself

Growing up and becoming an adult is something that's new for everyone. But going away to stand on your own two feet and discovering who you really are can be good for you. Going away allows you to do so.

2. You'll make new friends

Going away to another state especially as an introvert like myself, forces you to make new friends and open yourself up to possibilities. The new bonds your making out of your comfort zone could be long lasting ones.

3. It's a change of scenery

Being away from that small town life could be the change of pace you might need. It gets tiring looking at the same people, going to the same places over and over your whole life. It will feel amazing changing the scenery.

4. There are better career prospects

If you have a career choice that you know your small town does not offer much of it is maybe a good idea to study out of state. Perferably a area where you know your job prospects would be plentiful. That way when it is time to do an internship you will have more options within your college campus.

5. And there are new cultural experiences

Every state is different and have different cultures and different norms. Studying out of state opens you up to a whole new world of cultures and experiences you were not accustomed too.

6. There is lower tuition cost in some states

This one should be a great reason, The Universities in Florida are actually more expensive than in Tennessee so I actually get a good rate.

7. You won't see the people you went to high school with 

This reason was extremely important to me when it came time to go to college. I wanted a fresh University with fresh new faces and new people altogether. I heard horror stories about people going to college near home and seeing everyone they went to college with around the campus. It was just like high school all over again.

Give going to a new state for college a try. Yes, it can be scary and challenging, and new. But it is exciting, and causes you to stand on your own two feet and allows you to get to know yourself without. So give it a shot.