Why College Is The Best Time To Travel

Why College Is The Best Time To Travel

Well, maybe not the best, but the most convenient at the very least
22

I've never really been the adventurous type. But, after so many years of looking at the same things, you have to wonder if there's more out there.

I took the leap and booked myself my first international trip. I don't have all the details worked out just yet, I have no idea where I'm staying once I get there. What I do know is that I will have a journey there and a journey back. Some people might say I'm crazy for buying a ticket without a place to stay, but that's part of my little adventure.

There really is no perfect time to travel. In high school: you're too young. In college: you're too busy. Post-graduate life: you can't take the time off work. There will always be something holding you back. Sometimes you just need to make that choice.

While college is a busy and stressful time, it's the perfect opportunity to get out there and see the world. You can travel abroad, you can get a summer internship in another country, you have a whole month (maybe even more) in between the Fall and Spring semesters to really explore the places around you.

Spring break is the common week of travels for most college students. While you may not be able to afford those extravagant trips to Cancun that everyone on your Snapchat story is at, there are always smaller trips that are easily affordable. Take a road trip with your friends. Keep an eye out on flight deals from major airlines. Don't limit yourself to the spaces around you.

Once you step out into the world, you'll realize that there is much more out there for you. Allowing the self-discovery may make you realize that what you're doing isn't what you want, and that's okay. College is the time for adjustments and decision making. If you change your mind, that's fine! Now is the time to do that.

So, get out there. Let your wanderlust take you as far as you can go.