College, As Told By 'Fearless'

College, As Told By 'Fearless'

Part two of a five-part series.

6
College, As Told By 'Fearless'

2008 saw the release of Taylor Swift's "Fearless." In 2008, I was in fifth grade and still just as obsessed with Taylor. For weeks I walked around with her CD booklet until I knew every word. Without further ado, here is part two of the five-part Taylor Swift college series.

Fearless (2008)

1. "I'm tryin' so hard not to get caught up now" —Fearless

It's so easy to get caught up in all of the exciting parts of college, but unfortunately there's something that has to be in good standing before one can partake in the fun.

Grades.

Grades are very important. Also your meetings. Also your Netflix dates with yourself. Don't forget the snacks!

2. "Take a deep breath girl" —Fifteen

Things might get stressful with classes and student organizations and your Netflix queue, but it'll all be OK!

3. "Is this in my head? I don't know what to think" —Love Story

Sometimes the occasional voice in your head makes great company though.

4. "Mmmm, I can't help myself." —Hey Stephen

Wow, that free food sure does look appetizing! Whether it's a free shirt or a free pen or a free fanny pack, take advantage of what your campus has to offer! Most college kids are broke so there's no shame in accepting free stuff.

5. "Maybe I was naive, got lost in your eyes and never really had a chance" —White Horse

Between online shopping sales and binge-worthy Netflix titles, it's easy to get distracted from things that should've been made a priority. It's OK though. We all learn eventually.

6. "I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night" —You Belong With Me

Tuesdays are for studying, doing homework and pretending you're actually responsible.

7. "Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve." —Breathe

Speed bumps, potholes, litter, tree limbs--they all make life just a teensy bit harder. What's life without a few obstacles though?

8. "And I need you like a heartbeat but you know you got a mean streak" —Tell Me Why

Dear Spotty Wifi,

Please give me what I paid for.

Sincerely,

Concerned College Students

9. "I've been giving out chances every time and all you do is let me down"

Dear Dining Halls,

Just when I think that you've turned over a new leaf, you come back and serve mystery casserole. Please don't get my hopes up like that again.

Sincerely,

A Hungry College Student

10. "It's a roller coaster kind of rush" —The Way I Loved You

There's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush you get from slipping into your seat right before the sign-in sheet gets to you. "Perfect" attendance here we come!

11. Thought I knew you for a minute, now I'm not so sure" —Forever & Always

Isn't it awesome when you pass by someone you think you met that one time and you start waving like a maniac only to find out that it's a stranger? Yay for new friends though!

12. "I don't know why all the trees change in the fall"

I haven't taken environmental science yet so don't ask me.

13. "We're getting stronger now"

These occasional trips to the rec are slowly paying off.

14. "I like the way you sound in the morning" —Jump Then Fall

This is in reference to alarm clocks everywhere. Not.

15. "And I knew when I saw your face I'd be counting down the ways to see you" —Superstar

Any time that puppies are advertised as part of a program, you can bet I'm going to make an appearance.