FOUR YEARS OF COLLEGE-The interesting, boring, challenging and simple

Reflections of college life

14

Wow! College, so this is what it is? Apart from the freedom of college life that everyone expects, I did not expect this to be what college life is about. I have come to realize that college life is interesting, boring, challenging and simple. Interesting because you study, eat, live and relate with people from all different cultures and backgrounds. This diversity brings each person with their own perspectives about life that is seen in the daily conversations we have with one another. You learn that life is broad and should never be seen with a one-sided view. Like the puzzle life is, always look at things from a different angle and the solution will suddenly become crystal clear.

College boring? How dare you? I know, I know you must not be involved on campus. Get involved in clubs, take on leadership roles, play a sport, and you will know that college is not boring. However, college can be boring because of the same routine over and over again of waking up to go to class, eat, study, and sleep. This does not mean that you could not decide to change your routine a bit once in a while. It is important to get a way from the daily routine and decide to do something different but you will not always be thinking about doing something different for the three months we have in one semester.

College can be challenging because of the academic rigor such as the difficult classes you have to take because of your major, weekly quizzes, the group projects, the one big essay of the semester that is meant to be about 10 pages and then the stingy professor who after all this hard work will not give you an A.

The simplicity of college life is that despite the craziness, you learn to just be yourself. You decide to just relax and enjoy it all-the interesting, boring, challenging and simple. Make the best of each moment, be thankful and live the amazing college life.