Will The Real Colin Kaepernick Stand Up?

He won't. Not even for our National Anthem.

18
Chicago Tribune

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the playing of the National Anthem last Friday night before the preseason football game against the Green Bay Packers. Kaepernick told NFL Media that he "will not stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

Colin Kaepernick, I, and many others have a few things to say to you, most of which will point out what a delusional dumbass you really are.

First, and foremost, I would like to acknowledge that I am in no way, shape or form undermining the struggles that people of color have endured throughout United States' history. What I would like to acknowledge, however, is that Colin Kaepernick, who signed a 6 year, $114 million contract, is probably one of the least likely people to ever receive maltreatment from anyone. How oppressed can you be when you're a key player for an NFL team?

Whoops, I forgot, he's not a key player anymore. In fact, it's questionable that he'll even remain on the team after his latest stunt, much less win back his job of starting quarterback.

If Colin Kaepernick dislikes America that much, then why does he stay? I have a feeling the $19 million a year might be a bit of a motivator for him.

The hypocrisy of Kaepernick's statement boggles my mind. He won't stand to honor the flag, or more importantly, the men and women that fight for our freedom and our country. The country that gives you the opportunity to earn a ridiculously superfluous salary, while playing America's game in front of millions every Sunday night.

I know I keep reverting back to his abhorrent wealth, but I really think that this is the kicker:

Before sitting his ass on a bench before a football game, what good has he done to inspire the so-called "change" he wants to see in our country? Newsflash, Kaepernick, disrespecting your country's flag does little to help your cause. In fact, I'm almost positive that all it's done for you is make people lose what little respect they ever had for you.

Kaepernick, YOU, of all people, have the power, platform and paycheck to make a difference in America, and yet, before this stunt, you've done nothing about it whatsoever.

My final point is this: You might not like everything about America. You might not like everything that happens in America. Hell, I could get on a rusty, old, beaten soapbox and start ranting about how women in America still only make 78 cents to every dollar men make. But, regardless of my, or anyone else's, feelings about anything going on in this country, an American citizen should always stand to honor the American soldiers who give their lives to preserve the freedoms that we so disgustingly take for granted each and every day.

And, Colin Kaepernick, I think you're probably the worst at that.

I hope you keep sitting on the bench for the rest of the season, where you so rightfully belong.