Cold Coffee

Cold Coffee Saves Lives, It's The Truth

Cold coffee honestly saved my life.

18
Starbucks

I've been struggling with my focus, my emotions, my physical body, my kitchen appliances, and many more categories of my life this past month. My materials keep breaking, my mind is running in circles, and my room has never been messier.

But one thing that I feel quite certain of...is cold coffee.

Maybe it has something to do with the heat wave in Alabama or the fact that the only steady ground I have to stand on in my life right now is my own coffee grounds.

I say all of this to conclude that cold coffee saves lives. My life in particular! Aside from the help provided by my pup, my friends, and my mom, cold coffee is getting me through the rest of this month.

So here's how it goes, folks!

You start with your preferred coffee beans — I usually opt for anything organic and unflavored.

Step two is to make your coffee beans into coffee grounds. Maybe this is your step one, if you purchase coffee grounds rather than beans. I prefer to use the whole organic beans so I got a little hand grinder. It takes about twenty minutes to make coffee for two, but it's so worth it. Not to mention all the endorphins released from spending ten to thirty minutes doing straight arm cardio! It burns, but it also sparks a smile.

Step three: You put the newly, produced coffee grounds in the filter-pitcher-cold-brew-maker-thing (pictures attached below).

All you gotta do for step four is add water (preferably filtered) and pop that baby in the fridge for 24-48 hours!

Ta Da!

Cold brew. Cold coffee. Pure bliss.

I usually add almond milk (almonds + filtered water in the blender), brown "sugar" stevia, cinnamon, and turmeric.

So, that's it, the fluff, and more!

I hope this article and recipe put a smile on your face and a cold brew in your hand. Seriously, the fact that you have produced beads of sweat grinding the beans and then waited, not so patiently, lurking in your fridge, a day or more to let the thing brew.. it's beautiful. So intimate and pure. Created with love, produced with positivity.