The Best Coffee Shops In College Station, TX
popular

A Definitive Ranking Of The 14 Best Coffee Shops In College Station, TX

From a coffee-loving gal.

2510
Instagram

.

Evans Library Starbucks

I have Starbucks listed again farther down, but I just needed to take a moment to acknowledge every Texas A&M student's favorite place to get coffee (although arguably, it is the most convenient)

Coffee & Menu: Your standard Starbucks coffee, nothing special. I'll give them credit though, this location is fairly consistent in being in stock, which is surprising considering according to an article by The Battalion, the Starbucks at Evans sees around 2,000 transactions per day.

Price: It doesn't count if it's dining dollars, right?

Aesthetic: 0/10, unless standing in really long lines is just your thing.

Other comments: Honestly this Starbucks is not awful, considering it is one of the most frequented on-campus coffee shops in the country. The baristas are always nice and friendly and never seem to mind when I can't decide what to order as the 50 people in line behind me wait anxiously

Minuti Coffee

Instagram

http://minuticoffee.com/college-station/

I've actually somehow never been here (I'm a failure of a coffee connoisseur, I know), but I always see this place and decided it warranted it's own spot on this list.

Coffee & Menu: Based on their online menu, they seem to have a lot, although I couldn't tell you how it tastes.

Price: You know it's expensive when the prices aren't even included online...

Aesthetic: It seems cute from the outside?

Other comments: Let me actually try this one first and I'll get back to you.

Tipsy Bean

Instagram

https://www.tipsybean.com/

Coffee & Menu: 8/10, the coffee is great, and the menu also features alcoholic beverages for those over 21 and into that.

Price: Kind of expensive, but it's the price one pays to study next to cool, hip moms sipping wine

Study-ability: only a 4/10 because they turn off the wifi after 4:00...

Aesthetic: 8/10. This shop is dark, sleek and modern, exactly what you would expect from a wine and coffee bar.

Other comments: Honestly the wifi thing is a dealbreaker, this one can be nice to study at short-term, but save the all night sessions for somewhere else.

The 539235 Starbucks in Bryan/College Station

https://www.starbucks.com/

One of my personal favorites, mostly because I have the Starbucks app which my mom sometimes lets me use her $ for (shoutout to you Mom, you're great and thank you for supporting my coffee addiction!).

Coffee & Menu: The quality of the coffee could be better, but the menu overall is great, with something for everyone and great food options.

Price: Kinda pricey depending on what you get (a grande iced coffee with 2 pumps of white mocha is only $3.50 though, you're welcome.

Aesthetic: Again, it varies depending on location but honestly most of them are pretty nice.

Cons: I'm a big fan of shopping local and Starbucks can take customers away from local small businesses, and the coffee is sometimes not the greatest quality...

Nobilitea

Formerly known as Tea 2 go, I included this one a) because it's a nice, chill place to study, and sometimes it can be good to take a break from coffee...

Coffee & Menu: 7/10, there is coffee on the menu so that's a good sign, and their chai tea latte is maybe one of the best I've ever had!

Price: More on the cheaper side, you can get a 32 oz. of tea for around a $1.50, which is a pretty good deal.

Study-ability: They close early, but it's nice for Sunday afternoons.

Aesthetic: 7/10, it's cute but nothing too special.

Cons: Not actually a coffee shop...

Lupa's Coffee

Instagram

http://lupascoffeecs.com/

Coffee & Menu: 9/10, Lupa's has a great, classic menu for a great, classic coffee shop.

Price: Average

Studyablility: They close at 1 a.m. so it's nice for late nights!

Aesthetic: Honestly Lupa's is a great, homey atmosphere. A hipster's paradise.

Cons: Every time I've gone here it's really crowded and makes me feel overwhelmed, which is why I ranked this place so low.

Honestly, Lupa's is great, just not my scene I guess.

la Gabriella Coffeeshop & Pastries

Yum!

Instagram

This is possibly one of the most underrated coffee shops in the Bryan/College Station area...

Coffee & Menu: Great coffee! And as you can see above, their foods aren't too bad either...

Price: Good!

Study-ability: They close a little early which can make it difficult to study, but if you're up for an early morning #grind session, this is your place!

Aesthetic: Exactly what you would expect from your typical neighborhood coffee shop.

Cons: I really wish this place was open later, that's honestly my only problem with it.

Gogh Gogh Coffee Company

Coffee & Menu: The menu is a little limited, but the coffee couldn't be better! (honestly, the coffee isn't truly terrible anywhere but it never hurts to mention it.)

Price: Yeah, kind of...

Study-ability: Not great, they close at 7:00, but if you can get there early it's also great for Sunday afternoons

Aesthetic: A little bit like a warehouse, but it is light and airy! And they decorate really well for Christmas

Cons: Study-ability and aesthetic could be better

1541 Pastries and Coffee

Instagram

A hidden gem!

Coffee & Menu: High-quality coffee and a great menu, it also has great food options, so overall a quality 8/10.

Price: On the cheaper side!

Study-ability: 7/10

Aesthetic: A mom-and-pop feel to it, homey.

Cons: Small and closes a little too early.

The Brew

instagram

http://thebrewcoffee.com/

Coffee & Menu: Overall a solid 9/10 menu.

Price: About as expensive as the rest of them

Study-ability: Honestly pretty great, one time I was there and they played my favorite Taylor Swift album, I've never been more productive.

Aesthetic: Honestly not my favorite, it looks like a church converted into a coffee shop because, well, it is...

Cons: See above...

Harvest

Instagram

http://harvestbcs.com/

Coffee & Menu: 10/10, no explanation necessary

Price: A little expensive for Bryan if you ask me

Study-ability: They're open until 10:00 which is good, but it's a little small

Aesthetic: Probably the best aesthetic of all of the coffee shops listed, and that is not a statement I say lightly. It's cozy and warm and inviting, and situated on a street corner in historic downtown Bryan. I love it.

Cons: Not super great for studying, and kind of out of the way to get to.

Sweet Eugune's

http://sweeteugenes.net/#about

The original.

Coffee & Menu: 9.5/10. Pretty high-quality coffee and definitely one of the best menus I've seen in a coffee shop, they have so many options! Sweet's also has a wide variety of food options, including some super yummy donuts!

Price: Reasonable! And I can get a cake donut for a dollar which is always nice.

Study-ability: Honestly a go-to for late night studying, as long as you can handle the crowds.

Aesthetic: 10/10. Inside it feels like you are in a place more artistic and inspiring than a strip center in College Station. There are so many comfy couches and cozy nooks that you're sure to find a spot that speaks to you.

Cons: Because this place is so great, and everyone knows it's so great, it's always. SO. SO. Crowded. During prime study hours, good luck finding a table and being able to hear yourself think.

Babe's Donuts

For those who say they love coffee, but really just love donuts.

Coffee & Menu: Average coffee, above average donuts.

Price: Great!

Study-ability:

Aesthetic: 8/10. Situated off Texas Avenue in the #scenic Bryan, TX, Babe's does the best it can with its location. Cute, comfy and homey on the inside!

Cons: It's kinda small and the coffee menu is limited.

Ideal for a casual morning hang out or if you're studying and in need of something sweet!

POV

Instagram

https://www.povatlakewalk.com/

Coffee & Menu: 8/10, honestly the variety of the menu could improve, but the coffee itself is top-notch.

Price: a little expensive, but that's the price one pays to study alongside important people with briefcases and actual jobs and lives that more put together than mine.

Study-ability:

Aesthetic: 11/10. Lots of natural light and the cutest yellow wallpapered wall. My dream home looks something like the inside of this coffee shop. Outdoor seating is just the right amount of functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Cons: It's always really cold here for some reason?