9 Things You Only Understand If Your Love For Coffee Goes Beyond An Instagram Photo-Op

Things only coffee lovers understand.wo
72

Everyone says they love coffee. Who doesn't like a good Dunkin or Starbucks run? Or come into work with their portal mugs filled with some brew? And everyone knows every season is iced coffee season. We've all seen those cute little graphic Ts that say "But first coffee!" or "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee!" or whatever Forever 21 decides to print on their T-shirts this season.

But there are only some people who truly love coffee, more than you're casual cup joe.

Some people need coffee like a Bloody Mary needs seasonings. Some people are so hooked on coffee; their lives feel imbalanced when they're running on they're natural energy alone. Some people would hook an IV of coffee to their arms if society allowed, and you'll only understand this lifestyle if you're also a coffee fiend.

1. You have your favorite form of coffee

It doesn't take a caffeine expert to know there are many different ways of ingesting caffeine. There's coffee, espresso, cappuccinos, Americano's, cold brew, iced coffee, mochas, and so on. Sure, they're all effective and delicious forms of caffeine, but we all have our favorite way of getting our fix.

2. You feel lost without drinking coffee

Speaking of needing coffee, I ran out of K-Cups about a month ago, and I've felt pretty lost since. Although I'm occasionally able to buy coffee when I have a few dollars to spare, I miss my daily cup. Any coffee fiend knows that their body is in true form when it's running on coffee.

3. You've experienced drinking too much coffee

You know that feeling when you've drunk one too many cups of coffee? Like all the energy inside your body is bursting through your limbs? Like you can feel every single molecule in your body bouncing off one another? Like you could probably win the Boston Marathon if given the chance at that moment?

We all know the feeling.

4. You've also experienced not drinking enough coffee

Groggy, tired, cranky, forgetful. You know you're in trouble if you don't have time for your cup of matcha or shot of espresso that morning.

5. You have a specific way of how you like your coffee

Everyone knows how they like their coffee. Maybe you're a cream and sugar kind of person, maybe you're a milk kind of person, maybe you're a black kind of person. But all coffee lovers know exactly what they need in their coffee to make it perfect.

6. People try to lecture about your intake of caffeine

"You shouldn't be dependent on caffeine!"

"It's bad for you!"

"If you get enough sleep, you shouldn't need coffee!")

You just let those negative words roll off your back. Guess what? You like coffee, so you don't mind being a little dependent on it. And guess what? You don't get enough sleep, so might as well find a way to get through the day with energy and a smile on your face.

7. Especially when the haters have their own flaws

Raise your hand if you've been lectured about how if you need coffee to get through your day then you're not getting enough sleep by someone who takes a nap every blessed day. Some people will tell you to stop drinking coffee/tea/any caffeine because it's bad for you, then tell a story about doing some type of hard drug the other weekend in the same breath. We've all got our vices; let's mind our business.

8. People who don't need coffee to function scare you

Are they OK? How do they do it? What cross-roads demon did they sell their soul to so they were able to function independently? Sounds fake, but okay.

9. You love your coffee through and through

Who was there for you during your hardest finals? Who got you through those terrible all-nighters? Who was the one there for you when you were too tired to get out of bed? Coffee is one of the best discoveries. There are even a ton of health benefits of coffee! You stick by your coffee just as much as it sticks by you.