11 Things Non-Coffee Addicts Agree Will Wake You Up As Well As A Cup Of Coffee

Coffee ain't bad though, I'm just saying.

178
Stephanie Keck

If there’s one thing I knew before coming into college, it was that I needed to be prepared for late nights in the library and thus, find the nearest coffee shop that would be open as long as possible.

I’m from Seattle and MAN, I love Starbucks. I have an order for every season, some with espresso and some without. That being said, I’m not a coffee addict. I tried to be because TBH, I thought it was cool. I tried different varieties of coffee. It didn’t really do anything for me — it was just a few extra calories each day.

I’m not really sure why I’m not a coffee addict considering the amount of campus Dining Dollars I really do spend at Starbucks. I just don’t wake up needing it every day. I don’t ever feel like it wakes me up enough that it’s worth me waking up early to make a cup.

Don’t get me wrong — I’m not hating on the coffee addicts. Everyone needs a little something every day. I guess I really just don’t understand. Coffee is so tasty, but when you crash, it's not that worthwhile is it? When it moves everything straight through your system, is that worth waking up?

Most of the time, I’m not even awake when it’s still early in the day. For the most part, by the time I wake up, it’s time for lunch. I don’t have time to have coffee — I’ve got to get going!

Here are 11 things that wake you up in the morning just as well as a cup of joe:

1. A cold shower

2. Washing your face

3. A nice workout

4. A dank brunch

5. The sun

6. Your fave hype music playlist

7. The smell of bacon and/or pancakes

8. A cup of tea

9. Watching a funny video

10. Your friends

11. Opening your eyes