Intro To Coastal Kayaking Is More Than An Hour On The Lake

Intro To Coastal Kayaking Is Way More Than Just An Hour On The Lake

This class is so much more than an easy A.

5

Last semester, I took 18 credit hours and although I still got good grades, it was awful. When I wasn't in class I was either sleeping or in the library. This semester, I needed a break. Looking at all the classes, Introduction to Coastal Kayaking caught my eye. Perfect, I thought. An easy A. I won't need to do anything or learn anything. I simply just show up. Little did I know that this class would be a lot more than an easy A class. I actually learned a lot more than expected. This is what this class has taught me so far.

There's no such thing as 'I can't'.

kayaking

http://www.garlscoastalkayaking.com/slideshow

Little to my knowledge, this class consisted of self rescue practice. For one class you literally had to tip yourself over while wearing a 'skirt', a big piece of cloth that keeps you contained within the kayak at all times, even when tipped over. We had to release ourselves from the kayak, then get back into it. This was all to be done in the water, not on land. I'm not a strong person. I was so scared and convinced myself that I couldn't do it. It took literal blood, sweat, and tears but I did it. And after that one class, I promised myself that I would never say or think that I couldn't do anything ever again.

You are capable of so much more than you think.

kayaking

kayaking

Kind of piggy backing off of what I said above, so you get the idea. But seriously people, you are capable of so much more than you think! You can do ANYTHING!

Thank you coastal kayaking, for making me realize that I can do anything if I just set my mind on it. You put a big smile on my face every Tuesday/Thursday. Love you!