17 Essentials Everyone Needs In Their Closet

17 Essentials Everyone Needs In Their Closet That Work For Any Occasion

Three words: Little Black Dress

459

The start of each new season brings about a lot of fashion decisions, like, "What new trends are worth following? What the perfect amount of stuff to buy that won't go out of style quickly? How much should I spend? What should I invest in, that may end up needing to last me a while?

All are great questions.

The answer is to find items that'll go with almost anything in your wardrobe, and compliment every trend-led piece you decided to splash that cash on.

Then at the same time, not having to spend more money on the same thing the next year.

Here are just a few things to help you get started.

1. A Classic Blazer

Something that can be used in a dressed up or down fashion and can be paired with ether a skirt or pants.

2. A Trusty Blouse

@asos

Mostly to go along with that blazer, but also just something good to have. Plus, you can never go wrong with a silk blouse, in a staple hue like white, light grey, or camel.

3. Good Quality Denim Jeans

Multiple pairs of jeans are always good to have any ways but one good quality pair would be nice and can be worn at any time.

4. A Trusty Work Tote​

Or just a really nice large bag that can carry anything you might need and can get you from work to going out to drinks with friends all in the same day.

5. Sunglasses

@asos

Odds are, you have a pile of sunglasses you've collected over the years, yet reach for the same, simple pair every time you leave the house.

6.A​ Solid Color, Sleeveless Dress

@asos

7. A Good Pair Of Comfortable Heels And Flats

@sarahflint_nyc

A good pair of each will get you though all seasons no matter what and can even be worn with a variety of things, ranging from a dress to jeans and a nice shirt.

8. Basic Tees, In As Many Colors You Can Get

@meerajoshi

I can't tell you how many outfits I have that I use my solid white T-shirt for, even for some of my dressier ones.

9. Good Jewelry

@kozakh.jewelry

It doesn't have to all be expensive, but having one or two expensive (or expensive-looking) pieces can help dress up any good outfit into a great one.

10. A Leather Jacket

It can dress up a T-shirt and jeans or give an edgy finish to just about any work outfit. They also can last years, if taken proper care of.

11.  Solid Black Pants

@aurelyta

Not only does it make a complete pants suit set (along with the blazer and blouse), but they can also work well for the eventual office job you may or may not have.

12. Versatile Tennis Shoes

Old-school fashion rules about saving your tennis shoes for workouts or a casual Friday are gone. You are now able to wear a pair of white sneakers with a pleated skirt and sweater if your office isn't conservative, or with a jumpsuit for weekend brunch.

13. A T-shirt Bra

@lindagore_official

I don't know about anyone else but sometimes (if my shirt is a little on the thin side) I can see that it is really obvious that I'm wearing a bra and sometimes that can be a tad annoying.

14. A Solid Color Sweater

@sarahmantelin

It's great for wintertime and you can team it up with work trousers, skirts, and blazers, or use it to smarten up weekend denim.

15. Seamless Underwear

@granacom

Ever had issues with your underwear showing when you didn't want it to? Well, that's what seamless is for, especially if it needs to be hidden.

16. Ankle Boots

For all those chilly fall day when you need something more dressy than just a pair of winter boots.

17. A Little Black Dress

Last but certainly (never!) least, the iconic LBD. Date-night essential and the ultimate "I have nothing to wear" throw-on-and-go piece, a little black dress is a true must-have in every fashion girl's wardrobe because its literally good for anything.