16 Cliche Quotes From Famous People That Turned Out To Be True

All over Facebook, MySpace, Pinterest and tattoo shops, these quotes have found their home...it's time we put some meaning behind them. Here are 16 cliche quotes that turned out to be true.

"Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

It is inevitable for things to end, whether it be a life, relationship, job or friendship. This quote teaches us that regardless of its untimely end; be happy that you were given the opportunity.

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

This is an obvious explanation, but dig deeper! There is no one in this world like you. You are truly unique, and that is influential.

"You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like its heaven on earth." – William W. Purkey

In a more modern sense, "Live your best life". I'd like to think Meredith Grey lived this through and through. Continue to shoot for your dreams, regardless of who may be watching; live your life to the fullest!

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." – Mahatma Gandhi

Change cannot happen unless someone decides to put forth the effort. In a world full of political BS, pollution, and injustices; all it takes is a change in behavior. Be that change!

"There are plenty of fish in the sea."- unknown

I cant tell you how many times I've rolled my eyes when someone has said this to me, but the truth is...there are plenty of people in this world. Don't dwell on the ones who weren't worth your time/effort. You never know what clown fish disguised as some cute Nemo is lurking around the corner.

"It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all." – Alfred Lord Tennyson

I could not imagine where I'd be without the lost loves of my life. It's been said you have three loves of your life, and each for a different reason. Regardless of how we may have ended; they each taught me life lessons and helped shape me into the woman I am now.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover." -unknown

Another obvious choice, needless to say; we've all been judged and have proved someone wrong in their assumptions. This quote speaks for itself.

"Not all those who wander are lost." -JRR Tolkien

Stop trying to assume everyone who is traveling is following some novel trend in finding themselves, sometimes traveling just does your heart some good.

"Progress not perfection." -unknown

I'm convinced the person who wrote this quote was a nontraditional college student on their 5th-year lap to finish their 4-year degree. College is probably one of those times in which finding yourself is cliché yet true, and even truer in learning that sometimes it takes a little longer to finish school. Guess what, that's OK!

"If it’s meant to be, it will be." -unknown

Nothing speaks cliché and true like this quote. Most read this quote in regards to love, but it can be applied to all situations in life whether it be a job, school, and friendships.

"We accept he love we think we deserve." – Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

Most had this quote on their MySpace page, or twitter bio in an effort to be trendy but it is true. Until recently, I accepted the love and friendship that I thought I deserve; simply because I let it happen without saying anything but that is no more. If you feel you deserve the world, only accept the world!

"Well-Behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

As a feminist, I can proudly say this is quite true. Nothing says "make a change" like bowing down to conformity, right? WRONG!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘Im possible!’" -Audrey Hepburn

You can do this! Audrey Hepburn left this world with more than beautiful photos and a restaurant, she left us with inspiration through her humanitarian work.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." – Bob Marley

It is unrealistic to think that every relationship is going to prosper without problems, bumps, and arguments. It's certain that arguments will happen, feelings will get hurt, and tears will be shed. Be sure, the one you're struggling for is worth it.

"When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about." -Haruki Murakami

Hardships change you; whether it's for the good or the bad, that's your choice. However, the change will happen.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life." – John Lennon

John Lennon left us with so many great quotes but nothing says that you truly lived your best life like being happy. Life is more than money, degrees, and wealth; if you're not happy it means nothing.