7 Small Habits That'll Make A Big Difference In Any Dorm Room

Because you're not doing college right if your dorm room isn't usually a complete mess.

66
Alyssa Gormley

As the first semester comes to close, it's about right now that you stand back and take a good look at your dorm room. All the flaws, crumbs, and just overall poor upkeep becomes obvious. It's important to keep your dorm room clean not only to maintain its condition but also to alleviate your mind. Just as any other college student, it's easier said than done to clean, so here are 7 habits that, if you consistently do, your dorm room will (most likely) be in tip-top shape:

Make your bed daily

U.S. Navy Adm. William H. McCraven once said: "If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed". Ever since I've heard this quote, I've tried my hardest to make my bed daily. Besides, there's nothing like coming home after a long day only to get into your made bed.

Give every item a home

In today's world, there are organizers for just about anything and everything; buy them and create homes for all your items. It'll pay off in keeping your dorm room organized.

Vacuum

Normal size vacuums are hard to come by in college, so try investing in a mini vacuum. Remember, vacuuming doesn't need to be done daily, but once every few days or weeks is better than none at all.

Take the trash out daily

For the cleanliness of your dorm and more importantly, to avoid obscure odors, take the trash out daily.

Do your dishes

As an avid culprit of not doing my dishes, I can confidently say that it greatly contributes to the condition of my dorm room. Do. Your. Dishes.

Keep up with your laundry

Letting your laundry overflow on your floor, chair, bed, or really anywhere in your room will only add to your dorm room mess. Take advantage of your laundry bin, and make sure to keep up with doing your laundry.

Take 10 minutes out of every day to tidy up

Lastly, take 10 minutes of out every day to follow these tips and tidy up. If you do, chances are your room won't need deep cleaning since cleaning your dorm room will always be a work in progress.

Remember these helpful hints when spring semester comes around, and it will make for an easier time.