Classy Tailgating 101

Classy Tailgating 101

We all need it.

11
Classy Tailgating 101

I know that I usually write about personal things and emotions. However, when I saw the young woman being carried away by the police officers right across from my tailgate. I knew I needed to write about how throw a fun tailgate and be classy all at the same time.

1. Cup or Coozie

We all know there is some regulations or rules against alcohol on most campuses. Therefore, when drinking your margaritas, Kool-Aid, White Claws, or just plain Bud Light, put that stuff in a cup or cover most of it with a coozie. This will allow you some mystery on what you are drinking and will also look a bit better than just chugging a tall boy miller light in front of all your best friends and strangers at your tailgate.

2. Decorate

Tailgating is a lot of work. It is way more than just a tent, a few chairs, and a cooler. It could be as simple as that, but lets be real, everything is more fun when it is dressed up a bit. Therefore, decortate your table with table cloths and decorations. For example, We had a fold out table to place our coolers under and we decorated it with a MSU table cloth and a cute center piece with a metal pitcher and cotton. We also hung up MSU flags and for the night games we plan on grabbing some battery powered lights to light up the tailgate. So, have all your friends pitch in and make it cute, so you and your tailgate look presentable.

3. Outfits

I am a full believer on wearing what you want and what you feel beautiful in. SO DO IT. This is not what this section is about. This about protecting that cute fit. When you stand up sit your drink down unless you aren't that tipsy and can totally handle holding your drink and not risk a bump and a drink spill, when you eat sit down and over your plate, because that ketchup and mustard on your hot dog is hard to get out. Lastly, most campuses now are a no smoke campus and seriosuly STOP VAPING, but when you do, sit down, cross your legs and enjoy.

4. Purse Esstiantals

Tissues: To pat that sweat off your face because it looks like in the south that summer is going to stick around for another month.

Lipstick: After all the drinks and food, you might need to reapply for pictures, I usually choose to put chapstick in my purse because I would rather just have moustrized lips after applying that matte 24-hour lipstick that morning.

Keys: Do not lose these, because after a long and tiring day, you will be so upset when you realize you lost your keys and we want to prevent any anxiety attacks before they happen.

Gameday Stickers: Usually sorority girls keep these for all those lucky people, you call your friends can have one. Also, I just found out you can order a roll of gameday stickers and handing these out after you designed them are way more rewarding.

Phone: I shouldn't have to explain.

Portable Charger: because phones die...

MSU STUDENTS: COWBELL: This is a long time tradtion with a beautiful history, so bring your cowbell and ring it when prompted with pride.

5. Water

When you pack a 24 pack of White Claws, pack atleast a 6 pack of water to keep you hydrated in the hot sun and you do not get escorted out like the girl I wrote about earlier.

I hope you enjoy tailgating becuase it is always so much fun. However, do it with class, I promise at the end of the day it will be more rewarding to learn a few of these tricks than get wasted and not even remember most of your gameday and maybe wake up with now a criminal record.

LOL, have fun, and God Bless!

IT IS TAILGATE SZN.

- Bryce