20 Activities For A Classic Summer Bucket List That's NOT A Bore

Your summer wouldn't be complete without these 20 things!

210

With summer comes hotter days, longer nights, and more free time than most people know what to do with. Here are a few ways to spend your summer and make it the best one yet:

1. Tie Dye EVERYTHING.

Tie dye is a messy, but fun summer activity perfect for any sunny day. Grab some t-shirts, socks, bed sheets, or anything else you can think to dye. After placing rubber bands all over the chosen garment, add the dye and leave your creations out in the sun to absorb the dye. When they're done, rinse in cold water and show off what you've made!

2. Go to the beach.

This seems like a given, but going to the beach is a classic summer activity. Everyone has to hit the beach at least once during the summer, whether it's a day trip or a week of vacation. There are thousands of miles of coastlines to explore, so try finding a new beach to visit this summer!

3. Have a picnic.

This is a super easy and casual activity that you can cross off your list any day. All you need is a blanket, some food, and some friends. There are tons of options for where to set up your blanket, like at a local park, beach, or even in your own yard.

4. Go for a hike.

Weather permitting, hikes are a great way to exercise and enjoy being outdoors. Take this summer as a new opportunity to search for new places to hike and get some cardio in!

5. Run through sprinklers.

Think about how long it has been since you've done this! A summertime favorite when you were a kid, so why not revisit it this summer?

6. Go camping (even in your own backyard).

Camping is a great way to spend time with your friends or family, while "roughing" it in the great outdoors. If the deep wilderness isn't up your alley, you could always try "glamping" (glamour camping) through local campsites or even try camping in your own backyard.

7. Make a summer playlist.

To accompany all of your summer adventures, make a playlist! You can add songs that are just coming out or old school songs that remind you of past summers.

8. Plan a stay-cation.

If you want a break from your typical weekly routine, plan a stay-cation. You can take this literally, and spend a weekend relaxing at home, or you can take it to the next level by booking a hotel in your city or state and pretending you're on a true vacation!

9. Go on a road trip.

For the more adventurous, trying a road trip is a great way to spend your summer seeing new places on a budget. You can pick a few cities or sights to see and plan the driving route with whoever will be accompanying you.

10. Visit a new state.

If your road trip doesn't take you too far, planning to visit a state you have never been to can be an exciting way to spend a few days. For some, visiting a new state can mean traveling as little as 30 minutes to get to the state right across the border of their own. If you plan on going a little further, you can combine this trip with your road trip for added excitement!

11. Make homemade ice cream.

If you're stuck inside thanks to a crazy heat wave, you can always beat the heat with ice cream! If store-bought is getting boring and the ice cream shop is too far away, you can follow simple recipes online to make ice cream from scratch.

12. Try a new sport.

If hiking isn't your thing but you're looking to stay active, try a new game or sport with some friends. All you need is the equipment for whatever sport you're playing and a spot to play! Try looking up areas around your town, like local parks, as they may offer some intramural leagues.

13. Have a movie marathon.

For that unpredictable summer weather, there are days where all you'll want to do is curl up in bed and watch movies. Plan a list of movies you've been dying to watch for when that summer shower rolls into your area.

14. Go thrifting.

If you're looking for new clothes but don't want to break the bank, try thrifting! It's a great way to find some new pieces for your wardrobe at a great price. You can even take these clothes and repurpose them to fit your own style!

15. Volunteer.

Something that will make your summer an even better experience is volunteering! It can be something very simple like collecting canned goods and donating them to a shelter, spending a few hours at a nursing home, or volunteering with another charitable cause in your area. Remember— a little help goes a long way.

16. Read a new book.

When will you ever have the time to read a book cover to cover during the school year? Take some time this summer to pick up that book you've always wanted to read and do it!

17. Sign up for run.

Whether you're an avid runner or a couch potato, running a race is fun for everyone. If you're new to running, start with a smaller goal like finishing a 5k or running with a friend. You can sign up for themed races, or things like The Color Run. With fun distractions, the race will hardly feel like a workout at all!

18. Cook a new meal.

If there's always been a recipe you'd love to learn to make from home, spend an afternoon learning how to prepare it! You'd be surprised at how little experience you need in the kitchen to make something delicious.

19. Watch a sunrise.

As hellish as waking up that early sounds, a sunrise is one of the most beautiful sights to see. I recommend doing this with another person, that way you can be held accountable for waking up and getting your day started.

20. Go to an amusement park.

Even if you aren't a thrill seeker, what is a summer break without at least one visit to an amusement park? Take a trip to your favorite park with some friends and spend the day enjoying the weather and rides.