Rumor has it that our season 16 "The Bachelorette" star, Clare Crawley, is being recast.
Clare was a controversial "Bachelorette" choice to begin with because of her age, the fact that a lot of new "Bachelorette" viewers don't know who she is — and because out of all the incredible Black women that could have been chosen for this season, ABC chose, yet again, another white woman.
While the rumor mill continues to churn out what the possible reason is for Clare's recast, we have some ideas of our own.
1. Clare quit the show for the alleged new man in her life.
2. Clare started talking to a contestant before filming and they hit it off.
3. Producers got sick of Clare trying to cause drama or being hard to work with.
4. Producers realized Tayshia Adams is the "Bachelorette" we all need and deserve.
5. Producers realized how checked out everyone was on Clare and wanted someone else.
6. Clare and the men on her season weren't clicking at all.
7. Because of COVID-19 and all of the filming stipulations, producers decided to just scratch the entire idea and start clean when things change.
8. She realized she wanted Benoit back and moved to Canada to be with him.
9. She didn't want to social distance to the standards of the show.
10. She realized she wanted to stay single and just avoid the show's drama all together.