Is 'The Bachelorette' Season 16 With Clare Crawley's Canceled?

10 Reasons Clare Crawley’s Season Of 'The Bachelorette' Could Get CANCELED Altogether

They are STILL casting.

6584

Season 16 of "The Bachelorette" starring 39-year-old Clare Crawley was originally slated to begin on May 18, 2020.

Well, it is now Cinco de Mayo and ABC is still airing casting commercials every chance they get during new episodes of "Listen To Your Heart." When it was first announced this season was being postponed due to coronavirus complications, we all wondered when it would actually air.

I think we've reached the point to wonder if it will actually air as well.

Here are 10 reasons I could see Clare Crawley's season of "The Bachelorette" getting canceled altogether:

1. They had a full cast, but they had to recast.

This was the first red flag.

2. Recasting is not going well.

Because as we mentioned, it's still happening.

3. Social distancing rules will make a normal season of "The Bachelorette" impossible anyway.

Maybe they can get cute with it for an episode or so, but any more than that? No way.

4. Which means travel will be impossible.

This makes filming the show a no-go for several reasons.

5. If they postpone it a whole year, will people still care about a 40-year-old Clare Crawley?

She was 38 when they picked her. She's 39 now. How many birthdays can she have before they go another direction?

6. They already filled its summer slot with "The Bachelor: The Most Unforgettable — Ever!"

This means they're thinking fall at the soonest in my opinion. But if they can't get the show airing before 2021, I think they cut their losses.

7. There might be a lot more hyped up options for the next bachelorette following "Listen To Your Heart" castoffs.

Savannah, Natascha, Rudi, Jamie, JULIA. I could see all of them being a bigger draw than Clare at this point.

8. It seemed like people were lukewarm on her being the next bachelorette in the first place.

I don't think Bachelor Nation would be too heartbroken over Clare's season never happening.

9. The more time we wait, the less interested we are in Clare Crawley.

The only interesting thing about the season right now is that they're still casting, which is embarrassing.

10. Just like guys who were originally cast have decided to leave the show, it's possible Clare herself could decide she doesn't want to do it anymore at a certain point.

This one might be unlikely, but there has to be a certain point where Clare herself would mind putting her life on hold for this.