Why Clare Clawley's Bachelorette Season Could Fail

13 Reasons Clare Crawley's Season 16 Of 'The Bachelorette' Could Be A Complete DISASTER

Because who doesn't want to see a 39-year-old woman date a bunch of guys in their 20s.

1733
ABC

If there is one thing about quarantine that we can all agree on, it's that we all miss "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."

If you say you don't, you're lying.

The next season of "The Bachelorette" will star 39-year-old Clare Crawley, and was supposed to begin on May 18, 2020. But due to coronavirus (COVID-19), like everything else in the world, that plan has changed.

There is no new official start date at the moment, but we know June will be the earliest, and even that seems unlikely.

For that reason, and many others, here are 13 reasons why Clare Crawley's season 16 of "The Bachelorette" could be a complete disaster:

1. It's already delayed.

Never a good start.

2. They might have to recast.

This would be unprecedented.

3. It might be CORONAVIRUS AND-OR QUARANTINED-THEMED?

What is this, "Love is Blind" season 2?

4. People are still hung up on Peter Weber and Hannah B.'s seasons.

It just doesn't seem like people are eager to get started on Clare's journey yet.

5. She's the oldest Bachelorette of all-time.

Which, great for her. Age isn't everything. But I'm already cringing at some possible fantasy-suite night scenarios.

6. The pictures of the originally selected cast were underwhelming.

Maybe it was just the backdrop, but still.

7. She wasn't even a fan favorite when she was a contestant on "The Bachelor."

Who was asking for this again??

8. It was time for a diverse bachelorette.

Great, she's old. But she's still white and blonde. ABC dropped the ball yet again.

9. Most of the casted contestants on her upcoming season are in their 20s.

If we're backing an older-contestant narrative, let's back it fully. Now it just seems like a gimmick.

10. She is SUPER outspoken.

This could go either way.

11. She dumped her fiance Benoit after 24 hours so we know her judgment is terrible.

Justice for Benoit!

12. She's been on four different bachelor shows and still hasn't found love, so why should we expect this to be any different?

Again, she doesn't scream "star" — so just who's idea was this?

13. It seems like Chris Harrison prefers seasons to be a "disaster" at this point.

Peter's season was a disaster and people loved it anyway, so maybe this is just the plan.