Cincinnati Summer Bucket List

Cincinnati Summer Bucket List

21 things to do around Cindy before summeris over.

82
Cincinnati Summer Bucket List
Shutterbug

Summer is about halfway over. For some, there is even less time before heading back to school. If you happen to find free time this summer in between work, summer classes, sports or other activities, you may want to have a little fun in your hometown. Vacations are grand, but sometimes it can be nice to save the gas and money and go on a local adventure. If you need some ideas, here are 21 things you can do around the Cincinnati area this summer:

1. Check out Fountain Square.

There are constantly free concerts and events around there.

2. Go on a shopping spree at Liberty Center.

If you still haven't been to the new mall, I would highly recommend going some time soon. Even if you're a broke college student, it is fun to walk around. Plus, there is the Cobb Cinema Movie Theater that is super nice with reclining chairs. I saw "Finding Dory" the last time I went, which you need to go see right now if you haven't yet.

3. Chill under the stars at a drive-in movie.

If you aren't feeling the traditional movie theater, then take it outside in the bed of a truck or the front seats of your BMW. I always go to the Holiday Auto Theater for drive-in movies.

4. Old-school it and go to a park.

Don't underestimate a picnic and Frisbee kind of day at the park. Depending on the park, sometimes you can also rent paddle boats or do other activities on the water. There are so many parks around this area like Sharon Woods, Voice of America, Eden Park, Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, Washington Park, plus so many others. Just pick one and grab some friends.

5. If your friend is jumping off a cliff, go with them.

If you are super adventurous, there are lots of creeks and bodies of water around here where you can dive off some cliffs. White Rock Park is actually in Indiana, but if you're willing to take a little day trip to our neighboring state, you can do some cliff diving in a more controlled and organized way.

6. Rock out at a concert.

My dad just went to a Guns and Roses concert at the Paul Brown Stadium. I am personally counting down the minutes until I get to see Luke Bryan at Riverbend again. Whatever your taste in music is you can probably find at least one concert this summer that is up your alley at one of the many concert destinations that Cinci has to offer.

7. Buy some fresh veggies at The Findlay Market.

The Findaly market has beautiful produce, booths with delicious food, handmade artwork, occasional street music performances and just all around good vibes.

8. Knock down some pins at a bowling alley.

Bowling can actually be a lot of fun too, especially if you have a group of competitive friends. There are a lot of great lanes around here like Fairfield Lanes, Northwest Lanes, Columbia Lanes and Colerain Bowl.

9. Splash around in a kayak or canoe.

Have a blast renting a boat on the Little Miami River. You are also highly encouraged to bring a friend that can take an artsy picture of you from behind while you're in the front of the boat.

10. Do a BB Riverboat cruise.

There are several different options to choose from for sightseeing day cruises. If you are of age, there are also evening dinner and drink cruises.

11. Ride some roller coasters at Kings Island.

If you get a thrill on huge coasters or you're just missing the iconic blue ice cream, then you should make a trip to KI. If you're sweating your bum off then you can also check Soak City or some of the other local water parks.

12. Brush up on your history facts at the Cincinnati Museum.

As simple as it may sound, the museum can actually be pretty fascinating. If you have never been, I would definitely recommend going at least one time just to check it out.

13. Watch a show on stage at the Taft Theater.

There are a lot of different artists that perform here. I recently saw The Impractical Jokers live there, which was a lot of fun.

14. Revisit OTR.

Over the years, there has been a lot of renovating and rebuilding, and Over the Rhine is a new up-and-coming area. There are a lot of new trendy restaurants and bars for people to hang out at. I would check it out if you haven't been there in a few years.

15. Cheer on our boys at a Cincinnati Reds game.

Okay, I know they've had a rough season, but you still have to support the home team. Reds games are always a blast regardless.

16. Walk the Purple People Bridge.

If you haven't walked into Kentucky from Ohio on the Purple People Bridge, do it sometime. It's pretty neat to just walk into another state. As a bonus, you can also go to the Aquarium or any of the bars and restaurants around Newport.

17. See cute animals at the zoo.

The last time you were at the zoo you were probably 5 or you were dragging your boyfriend to the Festival of Lights. So, if you're an animal person it might be worth it to actually go back and see all of your favorite animals running around again.

18. Go visit Mount Adams.

There are a lot of really cool artsy shops, restaurants, and bars around this area.

19. See what an FC Cincy game is like.

Even if you aren't a soccer fan you should check out one of these games. The crowd and the energy surrounding the game is enough to get you sucked in.

20. Scope out the Ohio River.

The Ohio River is perfect for a cruise on your boat or a walk along side it on the beautiful banks or the Serpentine Wall.

21. Eat all the great Cincy food while you can.

If you go away for school, you understand how hard it can be to be away from some of your favorite food. Whether it's a Skyline Coney, Graeters Black Raspberry Chip, a Goetta breakfast, Montgomery Inn Ribs, La Rosa's Pizza, or any other one of your favorite hometown foods, eat it while you're home for summer!