Christopher Robin is A Must See!

Christopher Robin Explains Why We Need Childhood, Even As Adults

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m74pkFkg7e0

I recently watched "Christopher Robin", now on Netflix, with my mother. It was nice to spend time with her since I've come home for spring break and watching Christopher Robin was something we had to do together. Winnie the Pooh was my entire childhood, down to my stuffed animals and even my childhood bedroom. Watching this movie brought back some deep childhood memories and completely satisfied my inner child's needs for this movie. Not only is the film outstanding picture-wise but even the voice over for the characters were impeccable.

Taylor Wreesman

Viewers follow Christopher Robin's life in adulthood and how literally leaving his childhood behind, had altered him in his adulthood and even interacting with his daughter. Even though everyone has to grow out of their childhood, it should never fully disappear.

As a child, I don't particularly remember any life lessons that Winnie the Pooh taught me except to not eat an entire jar of 'Hunny' in Rabbit's house or you'll get stuck, and that, windy days can be very dangerous if you're someone of Piglet's size. However watching Christopher Robin, I found myself learning things that I can apply to my everyday life. Winnie the Pooh is the embodiment of getting up every day and living life by the fullest and how "doing nothing" is also doing something. Taking time out of your busy day, whether it's from work or school, and sit down and do nothing. Do nothing that will stress you out, create more work later on or that you don't enjoy.

For Pooh in the movie, that is sitting on a log with a red balloon overlooking a beautiful meadow. Translate that into taking a hike through some nearby trails or maybe just through the park. Christopher Robin's realization that he not only needed to have childhood stay in his life but to instill childhood back into his daughter is something that we all need. Going back to origins and or back to the things you enjoyed in your childhood whether it be a certain toy, a friend, or a place, is important when we are adults. Going through happy moments and never looking back on them makes us forget what is important in life and what we should strive for.

Youtube

"Christopher Robin" was a hit in the feels for anyone who grew up with Winnie the Pooh and even if you didn't, the movie is worth watching to remember how important childhood is for all of us, even if you didn't have a Winnie the Pooh Christmas tree as I did.