9 Reasons 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' Is THE Best Christmas Movie

Sorry "Home Alone." Goodbye, "Elf."

14806
national lampoons christmas
Warner Bros.

Every year my family and I watch "Christmas Vacation" at least ten times. We've been doing this since I was ten too. We've actually gone through two DVDs of it because we have played them so much.

My dad could probably quote the entire movie and not miss a beat. This movie holds a special place in my heart and is arguably the best Christmas movie of all time.

The Humor

The humor is IMPECCABLE. Every character delivers punchlines throughout the entire movie and it just can't be beat. Especially from the scene pictured above.

The family travels to the great outdoors to find the perfect Christmas tree. Only to realize that Audrey's eyes are frozen and can't see the perfect tree.

Clark also forgets his chainsaw and they have to pull the tree out of the ground to take it home.

It's Relatable

This movie shows what it's exactly like to have family over for the holidays. Whether they are invited or not.

The Next-Door Neighbors

The next-door neighbors really put into perspective how wacky the Griswolds really are. They show no Christmas spirit and absolutely hate Clark.

The Griswolds

They're really ridiculous, but you have to love them. They all want everyone to have a good old fashioned family Christmas. I'm not sure if it works out the way they hoped it would.

The Pressure To Be Perfect

Clark, like many of us, feels the need to make sure that everything is perfect for his family and guests. He stays up all night just to coat his house in lights. Only to find out that it doesn't work.

Aunt Bethany

Aunt Bethany is old and this may be her last Christmas. She delivers laughs among laughs and even wraps up her cat as a Christmas gift.

Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie. We all know one and if we don't then we are one.

The Holiday Bonus

This is the best scene in the movie. He opens up his holiday bonus only to find out that it's a year long subscription to the jelly of the month club. Way to ruin the Christmas spirt and the hopes of getting a pool. Sorry for the spoilers!

The True Meaning of Christmas

By the end of the movie everyone realizes that the true meaning of Christmas is to be surrounded by the ones that you love and care for. It wouldn't be the same without them!