25 Days Of Christmas To Do List

25 Days Of Christmas To Do List

It's time to start decking the halls and doing good deeds.

317
25 Days Of Christmas To Do List
pexels.com

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring ting, tingling too! It's December 1 -- it's basically Christmas. I LOVE the holidays first and foremost because they celebrate the birth of my savior, Jesus Christ, but it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Most people are in much better moods, the stores, businesses and homes are decorated so nice.

I love the glow of Christmas lights at night and snow....ah snow....I have only seen it about five times in my lifetime, but a white Christmas is ideal. From today forward, there are 25 days left to celebrate! Want to get the most out of your 25 days of Christmas? Follow this "to-do" list for an epic holiday joy ride!

Day One: Adopt an angel or support a child!

The Angel Tree and Operation Christmas Child are both great ways to give back. Start the season of giving by giving to a child in need! The photo above just absolutely makes my heart smile, the genuine joy on their faces is wonderful. To participate, you can find more information via Samaritan's Purse.

Day Two: Deck the halls!

Assuming you haven't yet, let's get some Christmas cheer into your home! Poinsettias, lights, the tree, stockings, tinsel, christmas ornaments, gingerbread candles, the whole nine yards, do it all!

Day Three: Holy cannoli! It's Sunday!

Christmas is celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, get up and honor him in worship this morning. While Christmas is celebrated by Christians and non-Christians alike, that is the origin. After church, head out to lunch with a loved one and enjoy each others fellowship.

Day Four: It's Monday, blah. Messenger Monday!

Send out Christmas cards, to friends and family that you wish to say Merry Christmas to. I am that extra person that takes holiday pictures with her dog, so I'll be sending out custom cards, but cards can be found at every general store or Wal-mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc...for pretty cheap. Spread some joy.

Day Five: Ring Ring! Donate to the Salvation Army.

We all hear this bell every holiday, rang by volunteers asking for donations to the Salvation Army. We all know we have a little spare change, whether it's a quarter or a dollar or even 10, spare what you can and change a life.

Day Six: Wishful Wednesday.

What are you wishing for this Christmas? Spend sometime making a wish list for Santa! While yes, we adults can't afford to go buy everything we want or sometimes even anything at all, enjoy Christmas and make a special list. It's OK to relish your childhood memories. I can remember going through those thick JC Penney catalogs as a kid, circling everything I thought Santa Clause might want to bring me. Of course I wouldn't get it all, but just the idea of surprise was fun.

Day Seven: Thankful Thursday.

I know, Thanksgiving was over as soon as the last dish was washed, but Christmas is another time to be thankful for everything you have, don't have, and for anything else. I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with my family and friends over the break. What are you thankful for? Think about it and share it with the world.

Day Eight: Fa-La-La-La-La, it's Friday!

Spend the night in watching holiday classics and drinking hot chocolate in your PJs! Ps...Christmas PJs from Old Navy are the bomb; pair them up with fuzzy socks and you're good to go!

Day Nine: Be a good samaritan on this Saturday.

Once again, Christmas is a great time to give back and lift people's spirits. Go out and do something kind! Rake some leaves, shovel some snow, help folks decorate for Christmas if they're unable to do so alone.

Day 10: Enjoy a Christmas read!

It is Sunday, so after church and maybe a nice afternoon nap, settle in with a nice Christmas book and enjoy your evening in peace. I highly recommend "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham. Not a book worm? Try out an audio book.

Day 11: Sweater time!

It's Monday. Whether you are in class or at work, spread some cheer by wearing a tacky Christmas sweater. The tackier the better!

Day 12: Pay it forward!

Grab a coffee from your favorite place and pay it forward for the person in line behind you. Holiday drinks are preferable, but any gesture of kindness is sure to make someones day. Can't afford to pay it forward? That's fine! Be kind and share a compliment with a stranger.

Day 13: Peppermint me!

Hump Day! Make it through your work week slump in festive style by adding a little peppermint to your coffee or using peppermint essential oils! Peppermint is proven to be a stimulant!

Day 14: Thirsty Thursday.

Enjoy a nice glass of egg nog! I personally have never drunk egg nog, but if you're into it, have a glass for me!

Day 15: Let's serenade the neighbors.

Let's enjoy some old-fashioned festivity. Go out, dress warm, and sing some Christmas songs for the neighbors to spread some joy!

Day 16: Scope out the sales.

Spend this Saturday shopping for Christmas gifts! No need to spend a ton of money, check out the sales racks and Christmas savings.

Day 17: Sunday breakfast!

Wake up a little earlier and head to your favorite breakfast joint in your pajamas with a few friends.

Day 18: Merry Monday!

Get some crackers, candy and icing and put together a fun gingerbread house! Nothing better than to raise the holiday sports even more!

Day 19: Photo Op!

Take yourself or your kids, maybe even pets, to take a classic photo with Santa! Making memories is always a good idea.

Day 20: The final countdown.

Five days until Christmas! Go out on the town and watch a Christmas movie on the big screen. Don't skimp on the popcorn butter!

Day 21: Lights, camera, action!

Enjoy a stroll under the lights. There are tons of light displays across the country that are worth checking out. Can't find any big ones near you? Check out your local neighborhoods!

Day 22: Cocoa and cuddles.

Pick out your favorite mug and favorite person, sit by the fire and drink a hot mug of cocoa! Stay warm.

Day 23: Grocery shopping.

Two days before Christmas. It is time to prepare for cooking and eating a ton of food! Get supplies for pies and cookies and meals.

Day 24: Christmas Eve!

Time to bake the goodies, hang out with your family and wait for Santa!

Day 25: FINALLY! It's Christmas!

The day is here! We've celebrated all month long, building up good spirits and holiday cheer for this one glorious day. Spend this day with your friends, family, whomever you would like and just enjoy the moment. Don't think about tomorrow, the next day, next year, live in the moment and enjoy the time you have on this day. Merry Christmas!