7 Holiday Treats That Make The Season A Little SWEETER

Who couldn't use some sweets for the holidays.

3

From December 1- Dec 31 sweets are basically pushed at you and when you try and refuse, it's met with "But it's Christmas, the calories don't count"! I wish we could all eat every sweet that was offered to us. If you know your New Year's Resolution is going to be to hit the gym more and if you're trying to not consume your body weight in sugar on a daily basis (but let's face it, some days it's hard to avoid doing just that) here, are some of my favorite holiday treats that I tend to pick over the others.

1. Hot Chocolate (w/ a Candycane)

Hot Chocolate is a great because you can sip on it and enjoy it for a while as opposed to just being done in a bite or two.

2. Sugar Cookies

Sugar Cookies are double fun because you get to decorate them AND eat them.

3. Cherry Shortbread 

Especially when half is sipped in chocolate, and it has cherries so you can tell yourself it's healthy right.

4. Candy canes

Basically the Christmas version of lollipops.

5. Fudge

With or without nuts, fudge is just a Christmas classic.

6. Kettle Corn 

Again, like the sweeter, more holidayish version of regular popcorn.

7. Ferror Roche's 

I am fan of quality cholcate and these are just so easy to pop in your mouth (a little too easy, and may lead to eating like 10 of them). But so so good.