15 Things That I Love About The Holiday Season

15 Things That Capture The Christmas Feeling And Make You Go All Fuzzy Inside

Christmas is coming.

21
https://unsplash.com/photos/oNSwoIDR0nA

Even though most of us are still digesting our Thanksgiving dinners, I'm fully ready for the festive Christmas season to be in full swing. Here are some of the things I'm most excited for, and deep down, I know you're just as excited.

1. Bright Christmas lights. 

media.giphy.com

The only good thing about the sun setting at 5:00 is being able to see bright Christmas lights earlier!

2. The anticipation and excitement before opening a present.

media.giphy.com

It's just sitting there under the tree, taunting us.

3. The satisfaction of ripping open wrapping paper. 

Ripping it is sometimes better than the present itself.

4. The satisfaction of perfectly wrapping a present with a bow on top.  

Martha Stewart can fight me.

5. Christmas Music. 

Christmas music never fails to put me in a festive mood.

6. Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" on repeat. 

Simply iconic.

7. The excitement of buying gifts for other people and awaiting their reaction. 

One of my favorite things ever.

8. Ugly Christmas Sweaters. 

An excuse to be even more extra festive.

9. Revisiting your favorite Christmas movies. 

A big blanket, warm cup of hot chocolate in hand, the tree is lit in the corner, and you have a large stack of Christmas movies to go through. What could be better?

10. And watching really cheesy ones too. 

Impatiently waiting for The Christmas Prince: A Royal Wedding. Meghan Markle, move over.

11. Peppermint Hot Chocolate.

And white hot chocolate, caramel hot chocolate, hazelnut hot chocolate, creme brulee hot chocolate, the options are endlessly wonderful.

12. Actually, the whole Starbucks Holiday Menu.

When the red cups come out, it's officially Christmas time.

13. Baking.

What's better than the smell of freshly baked cookies?

14. Spending time with family and friends. 

Christmas is a great time to be thankful for all you have.

15. Watching A Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.

When the whole community gets together for some hot chocolate and pretty Christmas trees.