12 Songs That Prove Christmas Music (Still) Needs To Wait Until December 1st

Baby, it's cold outside, but that doesn't mean it's time for holiday tunes just yet.

48

Look, I know 2020's been rough. I'm not saying we couldn't use some Christmas cheer. But Thanksgiving still exists, and I think it's important now in particular to remember and be grateful for the things that really matter. Besides, we didn't have the pandemic as an excuse for radio stations playing Christmas songs in November all those other years.

Come on, just look at the titles of the songs themselves. Here's 12 of them that show Christmas music was just meant for December, or, if you really, really want, at least the day after Thanksgiving.

1. "All I Want For Christmas is You" — Mariah Carey

Lucie Liz // Pexels

Aren't you going to see them at Thanksgiving?

2. "Frosty the Snowman" — Gene Autry

Public Domain Pictures // Pexels

He's not ready to come back yet.

3. "Sleigh Ride" — Amy Grant

Pixabay // Pexels

Not sure where you're going to go sleigh riding in the middle of fall.

4. "Where Are You Christmas?" — Faith Hill

Freestocks.org // Pexels

Maybe it's hiding behind Thanksgiving.

5. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" — Andy Williams

Irina Iriser // Pexels

Let's be honest, has 2020 really had a "most wonderful time" yet?

6. "Winter Wonderland" — Michael Bublé

Radu Andrei Razvan // Pexels

Once again, not even close to winter.

7. "Last Christmas" — Wham!

Olya Kobruseva // Pexels

You've still got Thanksgiving to enjoy, why are you already worrying about last Christmas?

8. "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" — Bing Crosby

Jill Wellington // Pexels

Santa hasn't even started packing yet.

9. "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" — Dean Martin

Pixabay // Pexels

Not yet it's not.

10. "Christmas Time is Here" — Vince Guaraldi Trio

Craig Adderley // Pexels

Actually, Thanksgiving Time is here at the moment.

11. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"​ — Gene Autry

Tim Gouw // Pexels

We don't even know if we'll need him yet.

12. "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" — Dean Martin

Pixabay // Pexels

Do we want that much snow already?

Trust me, the minute it's December 1st, I'm cranking up 101.5 The River and singing my heart out. I'll even tolerate Christmas music in those last few days of November. But let Thanksgiving be.