Christmas Movies You Need To Watch This Year

This Movie Watchlist Will Make You Happier Than Buddy The Elf This Christmas

You need to watch these 8 movies this year.

36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW9wRNqQ_P8

It's Christmastime, and that means it's Christmas movie time. From classics to modern flicks, Christmas is definitely the best time to snuggle by the fire, drink some cocoa, and enjoy all the best movies the season has to offer. Whether you watch movies alone or with family and friends, they are always enjoyable and help to bring a little extra Christmas cheer. Here are a few of my personal favorites that I think should be on everyone's watch list this year!

1. Elf

Probably my favorite Christmas movie, Elf has it all. Elf is the story of a human baby raised by elves who sets out to find his birth father and bring Christmas spirit to New York City. From great music to hilarious Will Ferrell scenes, this movie has something for everybody and it never gets old.

2. A Christmas Story

media.giphy.com

A classic, A Christmas Story is the source of many Christmas traditions and references. This movie depicts a pretty typical family scene at Christmas and follows the story of little Ralphie who only wants a Red Ryder BB Gun and for his aunt to stop sending him pink bunny costumes.

3. The Polar Express

media.giphy.com

Polar Express is a pretty good movie. It might not be the best, but it's still pretty good. This movie has some great music and tells a nice story about the magic of Christmas. Watch as the unnamed main character travels aboard the Polar Express to the North Pole and learns how to believe in Santa again.

4. The Grinch

media.giphy.com

Another great movie. In fact, this movie has been remade multiple times. In my opinion, the original cartoon version is the best, but if you feel so inclined, check out the Jim Carrey version, or the newest Benedict Cumberbatch version. The Grinch hates Christmas but his feelings change when he learns the that Christmas isn't really about presents, decorations, and food.

5. The Santa Clause

media.giphy.com

The Santa Clause is another one of my personal favorites. In this movie, Tim Allen plays a divorced dad who accidently becomes Santa Claus when he knocks the previous Santa off his rook on Christmas Eve. If you like this movie, you're in luck, because it's part of a three-movie trilogy.

6. A Charlie Brown Christmas

media.giphy.com

Everyone loves A Charlie Brown Christmas. It's cute. It's classic. Charlie Brown tries to put on the Christmas pageant and becomes discouraged when everything seems to go wrong, but Linus steps in to remind everyone of the true meaning of Christmas.

7. It's a Wonderful Life

media.giphy.com

An older flick, It's a Wonderful Life tells the story of George Bailey, a depressed father who considers suicide, but is helped by his guardian angel who shows him what life would be like if he had never been born and changes his perspective on his impact on the people around him and ultimately saves his life. This movie is a little long, but definitely worth your time.

8. Miracle on 34th Street

media.giphy.com

Miracle on 34th Street is also a cute movie. There are multiple versions of this movie as well, but I prefer the 1994 version with Richard Attenborough and Mara Wilson. This movie tells the story of Dorey Walker and her daughter Susan as their lives are changed by Kris Kringle and their family is made whole. It's super cute. I highly recommend.