Top 10 Christmas Movies

Top 10 Christmas Movies

Movies We Will Never Forget

19
Top 10 Christmas Movies

There are so many wonderful things to do before Christmas day, like cook, decorate, and sometimes clean. The most fun thing to do during the Christmas holiday is to watch those old Christmas movies. Some can be old and some are more up to date versions. Here the top ten shows that everyone loves to watch.

1. "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"

There are many different versions of Rudolph, but this one was the first. Filmed in 1964, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is known as the film that started it all. This movie is about a young reindeer who was born with a glowing, red nose. Rudolph was made fun of by all the other reindeer, but one night, Christmas night it was fogging and Santa could not see where he was going, so he called on Rudolph to help guide his way. And from then on, everyone loved Rudolph.

2. "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

This was the first ever Peanuts special. It’s also one of the few movies that show what the true meaning of Christmas is, the birth of Jesus Christ. This movie was filmed in 1965 and stars Peter Robbins as Charlie Brown, Bill Melendez as Snoopy, and Christopher Shea as Linus Van Pelt. The Peanuts also have other holiday specials too, like "A Charlie Brown Valentine," "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," and "Happy New Year Charlie Brown."

3. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

This movie is about a thing named The Grinch who hates Christmas and anything to do with Christmas, especially the Who’s because they love Christmas a lot. So on Christmas Eve, the Grinch comes and breaks in their houses and takes all their Christmas presents, trees, and their food for their feast. When Christmas Day comes, the Grinch is expecting the Who’s to be sad and miss their Christmas presents, but he was wrong-- they started singing and they were happy. All of the sudden, the Grinch’s heart started to grow and he began to love. This was filmed in 1966.

4. "The Little Drummer Boy"

Narrated by Greer Garson, this Christmas carol was turned into a movie in 1968. It’s about a little drummer boy who is on his way to play for the baby Jesus who had just been born. The boy joins the three wise men, but when they get to Jesus, the boy realizes he has nothing to offer except his skilled beats.

5. "Frosty the Snowman"

Now Frosty is not just an ordinary snowman. It all started with three piles of snow that some kids made. They found a top hat, but little did they know that there was magic in that hat, and it turned their piles of snow into a real life snowman. So all day, the children laughed and played with Frosty. Well as the sun came out and springtime started to come, Frosty started to melt, so he to the children he would be back soon. 1969 was when Frosty came out.

6. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"

Mickey Rooney plays Kris Kringle. This movie explains the story that purports to explain the origins of all the traditions surrounding Santa Claus. Fred Astaire narrates. A boy is abandoned by his parents and is carried to a house in the woods by the wind, and ends up being raised by little people, later called elves. As Kris grows up, he realizes he is old enough to take the toys his family and him make to the little kids in the nearby village. When he gets there, he finds out at the town mayor has passed a law that states that there is no toys or fun allowed, so Kris decides to sneak the toys in undetected. This movie was made in 1970.

7. "Twas the Night Before Christmas"

This Christmas poem was made into a film in 1974. It’s about a family and what they do to prepare and how they wait for Santa to come and give them presents under their tree. It is a hand-drawn movie was created by Rankin and Bass.

8. "The Year Without a Santa Claus"

When Santa, played by Mickey Rooney, gets sick right before Christmas Eve, he decided to make himself a holiday, but his wife, played by Shirley Booth, tried to take center stage, but she gets upstaged by two of the most unforgettable brother, Snow Miser and Heat Miser. Then Santa learns that all the kids in the world really do appreciate him. This movie was filmed in 1974.

9. "Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas"

Jim Henson and his Puppeteers adapted Russell Hobin’s children’s book twist on O. Henry’s “The Gift of Magi” into this all-critter singalong, with tunes by Paul Williams. With its use of full sets and tracking cameras, it was the most elaborate Muppet production to data, one that anticipated the filmed-puppetry innovations Muppets’ feature films. It was filmed in1977.

10. "Jack Frost"

Perhaps the last of the most vivid Rankin and Bass specials, this one features Robert Morse as the title wintertime sprite, who yearns to become mortal after he falls in love with a human girl. It features a villain Kubla Kraus and his mechanical horse and robot army, and Buddy Hackett as the narrator, a chubby-cheeked groundhog who looks like a rodent version of a comic. This was filmed in 1979.