6 Christmas Gifts To Buy Your Sporty Friend

6 Christmas Gifts to Buy Your Sporty Friend

We all have that one sporty friend... even if that "friend is totally yourself.

504
https://cdn6.dissolve.com/p/D145_225_690/D145_225_690_1200.jpg

We all have that one friend that is up at at the crack of dawn, sweating it out at the gym. Even worse, within the hour, they've probably already worked out, had breakfast, gone to class, and hit the library. So for our amazing gal pals that keep us motivated all year round, here are some great gifts to add to his/her rock-solid routine...

Foam Roller

This one by Trigger Point Performance has high reviews on Amazon and comes with instructional videos!

Foam rolling your muscles is one of the best things you can do after your workout. It massages deep into the tissues and muscle fibers that you break down each time you strength train. It can work to lengthen your muscles when they feel "balled up" and tight from training hard.

This one is definitely for the "gym rat" girl who lives at the squat rack.

Hydro Flask Water Bottle

Hydro Flash Double-Insulated Water Bottles

These super trendy water bottles are rising in popularity for good reason: the double-wall vacuum design of the stainless steel keeps iced drinks cold for 24 hours and hot drinks piping for a maximum of 6 hours. Also, if you refill them twice in a day, you'll hit your recommended water intake like a pro!

Yoga Mat 

Gaiam Yoga Mat

You can order one like this by Gaiam from Amazon or pick one up from Lululemon when you're Christmas shopping. For the yogi that keeps you balanced throughout the year, a mat of their own will save them from using the sweaty ones provided by the studio. Mats are also great for any at-home workouts when you're pinched for time.

Resistance Bands

These bands from GraceFitUK (https://www.instagram.com/gracefituk/) come with guides to teach you how to incorporate them into a workout.

Resistance bands are all the rage in the fitness world now, with Victoria's Secret models and fitness Youtubers showing them in every leg day video. They can be a great addition to lower body or conditioning workouts, and many runners add them to cross-training days when preparing for half- and full marathons to build lean muscle.

Fitness Tracker

Fitness Trackers

Trackers range in functionality and capabilities, so you can tailor your choice to the activities your bestie enjoys most! Fitness trackers are basically split into two categories: Smartwatches and pure trackers. While many people enjoy the Apple Watch (and the Series 4 just came out!), the Fitbit is definitely the choice for a fitness tracker. While these may be on the pricier side, they come at a variety of prices and are designed for use in different workouts. Some are best for runners, others for weightlifting, and even others for swimmers! Some are waterproof, have GPS capability to track runs, and can store music for when you want to take a workout playlist a little off-the-grid.

If your pal already has one (which is likely) you can always get her an interchangeable band to match her gym outfit!

Jump Rope

Jump Ropes

A jump rope is one of the simplest yet one of the most effective ways to get a full body workout that builds lean muscle and increases endurance at the same time. Skipping is often added to circuit workouts and HIIT (high-intensity interval training) sessions for quick bursts of exercise to spike your heart rate. Better yet, they're relatively cheap.