13 Christmas Gifts Every English Major Hopes To Find Under The Tree

If it quotes their favorite book, buy it.

610
Barnes and Noble/ Instagram

If you're shopping for an English major, you're in luck. We're actually really easy to shop for. You just need to get a little nerdy and creative with your choices.

1. Bullet Journal

Bullet journals are the ideal gift for an English major that loves to doodle, plan, organize, and take notes. We tend to be a little scatterbrained, but having a fun bullet journal can help us organize our thoughts. They're basically like blank planners that you can customize and design yourself. English majors are always doodling during lectures, so this is the perfect gift for them.

2. Personalized Stationery

Just like bullet journals, English majors love fun and quirky stationery. It's hard to say if we'll actually have a need for it, but we'd appreciate having the option to use it.

3. Harry Potter Bracelet

You can get this bracelet on Etsy, but if your English major isn't a Harry Potter fan, there are plenty of other book quote bracelets. I like this one though because it's a little obscure and unique to Ravenclaws (like 70% of the English majors I know are Ravenclaws).

4. Mr. Darcy Mug

English majors are obsessed with both Mr. Darcy and coffee, so combine them together and buy your English major this mug.

5. Literary Candle

Who doesn't want candles? I don't even know what this candle smells like, but if it's inspired by "The Great Gatsby," I want it. There are a lot of different unique literary candles on Etsy, so you can browse around and find the candle that's inspired by one of your English major's favorite books.

6. Framed Louisa May Alcott Quote

Well, if this isn't describing an English major, I don't know what does. This is a perfect piece of decor for your English major's dorm room or apartment.

7. "A Christmas Carol" Bath Bomb

I mean it's seasonally appropriate and it's Dickens. It's obviously a win-win for an English major.

8. "The Great Gatsby" Locket

Do you know any English major that isn't in love with "The Great Gatsby"? This unique necklace is the perfect way to show your English major that you value their taste in books.

9. Planner

A new year is about to start and you know that your English major is in desperate need of an updated planner. English majors love planners, so if you know your English major particularly well, like well enough to pick out the perfect planner, then you should make their Christmas with this purchase.

10. Harry Potter Wine Glass

Nerdy is chic when you're an English major, so this wine glass is absolutely perfect.

11. "Pride and Prejudice" Earrings

These beautiful earrings are perfect for an English major. The packaging might contain the only reference to the book, but it's still a great gift.

12. Bookworm Necklace

Well, this gift is just self-explanatory. Your English major is obviously a bookworm.

13. Literary Bookmarks

If you are an English major and you're looking for the perfect, inexpensive, but still thoughtful gift for all your English major friends, these bookmarks are just what you need.

I apologize, but this list is definitely targeted for girl English majors. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what boy English majors want.