5 Boss Ways To Get Over The Post-Christmas Blues And Prepare For The New Year

The holidays don't have to be over.

37

That's it, the holidays have been celebrated. No more eight days of Hanukkah, no more kissing under the mistletoe and drinking eggnog. You can forget about shopping for others for a while too, but it seems like the fun has passed you by.

All gone until next year. But the year is still young, there is almost a week left before next year drops its ball for you to roll after. Here are some ways to keep the holiday spirit alive well into the new year like a boss.

1. Shop for yourself.

c1.staticflickr.com

You spent the final months of the year shopping for your family and friends. The lists were always changing and adding new hot items to be found and bought.

Special editions, collector's items, hard-to-find items, everything that everyone you had to search for and get right up to the deadline. But what about you?

Sometimes the shopper becomes an afterthought. Now It is time to treat yourself and shop for things you always wanted.

2. New Year's party.

c1.staticflickr.com

Getting together with friends and family over the holidays can be stressful or excessive. After quality time with each other has been spent, you feel like you should have time to recharge.

Top off the end of the year with one more party for your Party Planning Committee. Membership: just you. You had to plan a party for them, now you get to host your own party.

Champagne for the adults and ginger ale for the kids. Finger food and desserts, a movie-night, your plans for the new year. Make it a going out party and a "see you again soon" party.

3. Just do it.

upload.wikimedia.org

Baby New Year and Cupid better watch out, because you are getting ahead of the game early this year. There is still some energy and buzz on reserve from the holidays and it has to go somewhere. Why not some needed projects?

You could sit down and write that novel you have in mind. Go check out some local events or travel more. Reorganize your life completely or here and there to jump start the things you want to do.

Looks like Nike is going to need a new slogan. How about "Just Blew It"?

4. Give back.

c1.staticflickr.com

You do not have to buy things to show people that you are in the giving spirit. Giving back does not have to cost you anything at all. Be generous with your time and be more considerate.

Invest in others when and where you can, volunteer or spend your time with the people and things you care about. Bring out the best in you and do good for others and do right by others.

You cannot give generosity on a Hallmark card, and if you are fortunate, give back to the less fortunate.

5. Wait until you can go back to work and eat out again.

c1.staticflickr.com

Not much left to do until January. You threw away the tree, packed up all your decorations, and finished all your leftovers. It is hard being a person. The amount of maintenance that goes into you is a miracle.

Pat yourself on the back, right after a well-deserved nap. Take a load off, relax, and get ready for another year ahead.

See that twinkle in your eye? You are being your own boss already.