8 Christmas Activities You Should Do This Week

As Christmas gets nearer, get into the Christmas spirit by checking off some of these activities from your to do list!

6

1.) Build a Gingerbread House

In my elementary school, each year all of the students competed to build and decorate the most impressive gingerbread house. Although I never won, I still cherish the memory of that competition and continue the tradition each year by building a ginger bread house at home.

It's easy to buy kits at your local convenience stores. That way, there is no baking involved, only building and decorating! But, beware, making ginger bread houses is harder than it looks. Having an engineer or physicist in the family may be helpful!

2.) Bake and Decorate Christmas cookies

If gingerbread's not your thing, it's super easy to bake some sugar cookies. Buy some Christmas- themed cookie cutters and you can make some tasty snowmen, Santas, and snowflakes.

3.) Watch Christmas Movies

Each year, I look forward to binge watching Christmas movies the week leading up to Christmas. My dad has the DVDs for all of the Christmas classics, including Home Alone, Elf, The Polar Express, and the Grinch, but no need to worry if you don't; Freeform plays Christmas movies each night for the month of December.

4.) Build a Snowman and Make Snow Angels

If you're lucky enough to get snow for Christmas, then take advantage by having snow ball fights, making snow angels, and building snow men! Or, snuggle up inside by the fire with a warm mug of hot cocoa.

5.) Read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"

Reading the story, "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve is a cute tradition that many families partake in. Although my family, never did this, you bet your ass that I'm going to be reading my kids this story every xmas.

6.) Visit a City

If you live in or close a city, then I suggest taking the trip in! You can marvel at the decorations and get some Christmas Shopping done!

7.) Listen to Christmas Music

In my hometown, there is always at least one radio station playing Christmas music 24/7, but if this is not the case for you, tune into one of the many playlists under the genre, "Holiday Music."

8.) Watch the Christmas Episodes of your Favorite Show

Most shows have a Christmas episode that is perfect to watch at this time of the year. For example, one of my favorite episodes of Black Mirror is the Christmas special called, "White Christmas." Usually, for some reason, the best episodes tend to be the Christmas ones. "Secret Santa", an episode from "The Office", and "The One With the Holiday Armadillo", a Friends episode, are hilarious Christmas episodes that I definitely recommend watching!