Christian Songs That Can Help You Reconnect With God

10 Songs To Put On When The Demands Of College Leave No Time For You and God

A worship playlist can help you recenter your focus on God.

3241
Amber Peskin

I have noticed that since I have started college I have not had as much time to build my relationship with God. I have nonstop assignments thrown my way. This makes it difficult to find time to go to church or even read the Bible. One simple thing us college kids can do to combat this is to listen to worship music. It is simple to put our headphones in as we walk to class, play music as we take a shower, or listen to K-LOVE on the way to work. My worship playlist includes these amazing songs:

"I Can Only Imagine" - MercyMe

An oldie, but a goodie. I still cannot believe this song came out in 2001. Yikes —I feel old.

"Catch The Wind" - Melissa Helser and Bethel Music

Beginning with the lyrics "I am strong and full of life," this song never fails to boost my mood.

"Still Rolling Stones" - Lauren Daigle

This happens to be one of my favorite upbeat songs. Lauren Daigle described it best: "'Out of the shadows…' will be the first line you hear when you start to play 'Look Up Child'. It's all about the things we think are dead, and a reminder that all losses can be revived. They can all come back."

"The Breakup Song" - Francesca Battistelli

If you are sick and tired of being tired: this is the song for you.

If you have had as much as you can take: this is the song for you.

If you are so done: this is the song for you.

If you are over being afraid: this is the song for you.

"Reckless Love" - Cory Asbury

In the event that you forget the love God has for you, listen to this song. We all need a reminder of how powerful His love is from time to time. His love is unconditional and reckless.

"Who You Say I Am" - Hillsong Worship

"The theme of the song is from John 8, which is you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. Jesus says, 'who the son sets free, is free indeed.' It's a real declaration of identity. When I introduced this song into our church I read John 8, the scripture this song is based on. It talks about how a slave has no place in the family, but once we've been brought into the family then we have this identity as part of God's family and that identity is an identity of freedom." – Hillsong Worship

"Where I Belong" - Building 429

Sometimes the world is a horrible place. If you think of things such as abuse, sex trafficking, and chronic poverty, it is heartbreaking. It is important to realize that in Heaven there is no pain or suffering. That is our final destination. It is something to look forward to.

"Soul On Fire" - Third Day

This song is a bop! A solid 11 out of 10. I would highly recommend.

"This Girl" - Lauren Daigle

This song is for the girl that often feels lost. Know that you are NEVER too far gone. God will always be by your side.

"Do Something" - Matthew West

Perfect for when you need the motivation to "do something." This song helps with procrastination. Sadly, I know this from experience.

Overall, worship music has a positive influence on my day to day life. Making this small change can really make an impact. Music is much more powerful than we think.