2019 Trending Fashion Exhibition 'Christian Dior - Designer Of Dreams' Launches This Month

A brief introduction to one of the greatest retrospectives of this year

469

Following the dazzling success of the exhibition previously displayed in Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris, the recently opened "Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams" exhibition in Britain. It reimagines the concepts of its predecessor in order to further document the everlasting influence of the fashion brand. The exhibition brings out more than 200 haute couture pieces that were never showcased before in public. As the biggest and most expensive Dior exhibition yet to land in Britain, it explores the brand's intimate relationship with the British culture, manufacturers, and notable clients, such as Princess Margaret and Margot Fonteyn.

Oriole Cullen, the contemporary fashion curator for this exhibition, explains to sources that Dior developed a romantic notion of Britain and admired the idea of aristocracy and royalty when he visited London for the first time. Thus, the location was of great significance to the origins of the fashion house. In addition, Cullen herself is a pioneer in her field, making the exhibition even more exciting. Prior to this, she has had plenty of experiences curating textile related exhibitions, including Vivienne Westwood: the Collection of Romilly McAlpine.

Going through the 11 sections of the exhibition, viewers can walk through the history and growth of the trendsetting fashion house, highlighting the craftsmanship of world-famous couturiers Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Bohan, Gianfranco Ferré, John Galliano, Raf Simons, and Maria Grazia Chiuri. Thus, it is a spectacle to see the differing perspectives on the designs for a single fashion brand.

The exhibition will be open to visitor from February 2, 2019 to July 14, 2019. As a matter of fact, the popularity of this exhibition has been shown through the selling out of tickets for the first month within the first few days of opening.