Developing Your Faith as a College Student

Love God in all things

473

This is a response to Keeping My Faith Has Helped Me Succeed In College.

Hey Christian college student, have you ever faced challenges to your faith while navigating all the new experiences and ideas that come with college? It’s normal to find a lot of things and ideas that may be different from what you’re used to. This may take you to a process of questioning your own beliefs. But don’t worry, you’re not alone!

Love God in all things. When we’re obedient to God’s wishes, something wonderful happens in our lives. We receive a reward, we’re happy, and we make spiritual progress which leads to strength of character. Character gives us strength, which gives us the power to be a leader now and in the future, that means no matter what you may encounter in college or in your educational life is not going to give is not going to give you doubt or confusions to your faith in God because you love him above all things.Most students intend to stay with their faith but they’re surprised at what happens to them when they think they will do it but their own , we can do anything in Christ so everything we may go through we need to stay believing that God fight for us. One thing we need to make sure is to Seek out other believers from the beginning. Join a Christian student group right away, or even better, connect with a campus ministry before leaving home. Many organizations will offer fun activities the week before classes start. But sometimes instead of doing that they’re not surrounded by Christians, and their roommate comes in and invites them to a party and I understand It’s human nature to have this high need for friends, but problem start when we bond with the wrong people.

On the other hand, sin can become our master. It’s important to do our work to please Christ wholeheartedly, who is our true master. The present way of doing things in culture may not always be pleasing to God, so we need to start thinking in terms of divine absolutes. Ultimately, it’s not to the culture that we will answer to, but to Him. Our real teacher and guidance counselor is Christ.

In college, you’ll be out from under the protection of your parents and your youth group. Your belief in Jesus and what he says will be questioned, and maybe even mocked, by many different people, even some of your professors. All sorts of temptations will be right there in front of your face, and they’ll be considerably more intense than they were in high school. And you may experience loneliness and depression. Many college students do. In short, it’s going to be extremely difficult for your faith to survive your college years.

I started college with a faith I’d inherited from my parents. While I’m forever grateful for their example, I realized about a week into my freshman year that for my relationship with Jesus to last, I had to make it mine, not theirs.