Why I Chose Marketing As My Major

Why I Chose Marketing As My Major

It's challenging, but fun.

10567
Why I Chose Marketing As My Major
Bank of Card Iff

I chose marketing as my major because I have always been interested in analyzing how the market works, how to make products more marketable and reach out to consumers in order to deliver a successful product. Marketing is far from number crunching and steady formulas. (So happy, that's the case.) I like the idea of having to think outside the box, keeping up with the evolving times and solving challenging, yet unique, problems in a way that's different from the norm. An enormous part of being successful in marketing is learning how to think like the market you are selling your product to. I'm excited about this coming fall semester, because I have the opportunity to take unique classes that offer me a different perspective of marketing. I will be learning the side of marketing that deals with the actual creation of advertisements through graphic design software, such as Photoshop.

Marketing is used every where. Regardless of the future endeavors that you plan to take on, you are going to use marketing in your everyday life. When you go for a big-time job interview for an awesome job opening, you will have to present yourself in a positive way by telling them the best qualities and skills that you have. That is marketing! Marketing takes different paths. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, but the way I view it is in a positive way. It's exciting! There are so many directions you can go. There is the obvious option that I mentioned, but there is the option of creating and designing advertisements, if you're more on the creative side of marketing. The one that I'm currently exploring is social media. This emerging area in the marketing field is growing. Competitive, but growing. The options are endless!

I just hope that I find a place for me that will play up my strengths. I guess you can say I mainly decided to be a marketing major because I didn't want something straightforward. I'm near the end of my college career, and for the most part, I can say I've had to rely on my analytical skills, my communication skills, my organization skills and my creativity. In most of my marketing classes, my answers weren't necessarily cut and dry, it was an opportunity to solve a problem in a way that other business majors aren't accustom to.

Class of 2016. The finish line is approaching us. Oh Cheaaa.