Growing up, I always scoffed at my mother for spending hours watching only HGTV. Little did I know, a time would soon come when I would also get sucked into marathons of renovation and real estate shows on that same network. My all-time favorite show on HGTV is "Fixer Upper," which follows husband and wife super-squad Chip and Joanna Gaines through the process of helping people buy and renovate a fixer-upper (hence the title), and turn it into their dream home. The first season of the show aired in 2014, and I was hooked from the first five minutes. I could, and do, binge watch this show, sometimes eating up an entire weekend. Chip and "Jojo," as he affectionately calls her, are truly relationship goals. Here are a few reasons why.
1. They have a rock-solid faith and center their relationship around it.
Joanna's grace is absolutely inspiring, and the faith that they share is incredibly strong. There is no doubt that that faith is what has helped them build such a happy and successful life and marriage.
2. They're always making each other laugh...
3. Because Chip is a major goofball.
Seriously, is there ever a dull moment living and working with him? Probably not.
4. They have the most adorable kiddos...
5. Not to mention a fabulous farm.animals of my own. The Gaines' farms has it all: goats, chickens, cows, greenhouse and Chip seems to come home with new puppies every other episode. Their house is also a gorgeous representation of Joanna's design style.
6. They work together seamlessly...
Even with all the fun they have, Chip and Joanna are still wildly successful in their business together. This isn't something most husbands and wives are able to do. Chip handles all of the construction (and demo, seen above), while Joanna is a master of design. How many husband and wife pairs do you know that would work together this well?
7. And really complement each other with their differences.
Chip is a bouncing ball of unbridled energy, while Joanna is a bit more reserved. They make these differences their biggest strength, combining their forces together to be rock stars in their businesses. They prove that opposites really do attract, and can even make excellent business partners.
8. Chip always shows his love for Joanna...
9. Even in the cheesiest of ways.
Don't we all want someone to gush over us like this?
10. Jo reciprocates this precious appreciation for her husband, of course.
And how could she not? He's an adorable goofball who showers his wife with affection, and I love to see her giving it right back to him. That's what relationships are supposed to be about.
11. They are able to poke fun at each other, too.
Often, the jokes are surrounding Chip's dadbod. Or the time when he ate a bug found in a home and tried to kiss Jo afterward.
12. They also bear a striking resemblance to my favorite Disney couple.
Is it just me, or do they look extraordinarily like Pocahontas and John Smith? Coincidence? I think not. My bet is on time travel, which adds another thing to their list of awesomeness.
13. They support each other to chase their dreams.
At the end of the day, isn't that what we all want in a spouse? Chip encouraged Joanna to pursue her dream of opening up a boutique, resulting in Magnolia Market. They do the same for their kids, pushing them to go after what they're passionate about, whether it's playing baseball or reading books.
While every relationship is different, Chip and Joanna Gaines definitely exemplify some characteristics of the strongest relationships. You can't help but fall in love with this couple and their family. Watch this adorable video about their love story, then make sure to tune in to "Fixer Upper" on HGTV to witness their adorableness for yourself.