12 Completely Childish Things To Do In The Snow

For the inner child and snow lover in you!

65
Ezra Jack Keats

I've always loved the snow, which is kind of strange considering I don't really like being cold. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where it gets really cold and really snowy, so maybe I'm just used to it? Nevertheless, nothing was more gratifying as a kid as playing outside in the snow and coming inside for a nice steaming mug of hot cocoa (with marshmallows, of course). Here are some of the most fun childish things to do in the snow!

1. Sledding

The only bad part is walking back up the hill!

2. Building snowmen

He may not be Frosty, but at least he's made of snow!

3. Making snow angels

10/10 the perfect excuse to fall into the snow for no apparent reason.

4. Building snow forts

Perfect for shelter in snowball fights or just to hang out and admire your work!

5. Eating it

Just don't eat the yellow snow!

6. Snowball fights

Don't aim for the face!

7. Digging caves into the snow banks

Probably about 100 times cooler than a snow fort. And it's easier to build!

8. Catching snowflakes

There's just something about catching a snowflake and watching it dissolve to nothing in your hands.

9. Decorating the snow with food coloring

Who wouldn't enjoy a good snow painting?

10. Making snow ice cream (not the same as just eating it!)

For all the times you ate snow but the flavor just wasn't doing it for you.

11. Sculpting objects out of snow

Maybe you're feeling too inspired to simply build a snowman?

12. Turning a snow bank into a snow slide

If the slide is just right, it's almost as good as sledding!