10 Childhood Wishes You Should Be Glad Never Came True

10 Things You Wished For As A Kid That You Should Be Glad Never Came True

We'd all be in trouble if every wish we ever made blowing out a candle or wishing upon a star came true.

50
https://assets.rbl.ms/18228685/980x.jpg

As soon as we learned how to talk, we were making wishes. But just because we knew how to make them didn't mean that we really thought them out. Here are some wishes that you should be thankful didn't come true.

1. "I wish I had superpowers."

c1.staticflickr.com

The government would not be okay with a kid running around shooting lasers from their eyes.

2. "I wish I was a princess."

c1.staticflickr.com

It might be fun to dress up like a princess, but actually being one includes a lot of responsibilities and restrictions.

3. "I wish I had a pony."

upload.wikimedia.org

As adorable as they are, ponies are a lot of work.

4. "I wish I had a race car."

c1.staticflickr.com

You couldn't even drive it until you were at least 16, not to mention that it's a one way ticket to getting a speeding citation.

5. "I wish I could breathe underwater."

upload.wikimedia.org

Do you have any idea how many dangerous creatures there are lurking under the sea? You're much safer on land!

6. "I wish I was famous."

c1.staticflickr.com

Nobody needs that much attention. It's invasive!

7. "I wish I was on tv."

c1.staticflickr.com

That's a job. Kids need to be kids, save acting for when you're older!

8. "I wish I had a little sibling."

c1.staticflickr.com

Babies can be loud and messy, and the more siblings you have, the less attention, money, and space goes to you. Plus, you might have to share your room! One or two siblings is enough!

9. "I wish I could just grow up already!"

c1.staticflickr.com

Don't waste your childhood waiting around for adulthood. Cherish your youth, you're only young once!

10. "I wish I was pretty."

c1.staticflickr.com

This one's just a waste of a wish, I guarantee you're already beautiful!

Maybe it's worth thinking twice before blowing out that birthday candle this year.