As summer comes to an abrupt close, kids all over the world are met with these 10 thoughts.
2. "But I've barely even started my summer reading!"
You mean to tell me that I'll have to spend half my time reading for my last week of the summer? Nope, there's no way I'm doing that.
3. "I guess I'll have to pick out a new backpack...that's kind of fun."
I can NOT keep using my old one. Glitter was so last year.
4. "I only have six more nights to sleep in? That sounds like a nightmare."
A kid needs their beauty sleep!
5. "If summer's almost over, that means that the warm weather is next to go."
As much as I love building snowmen and drinking hot chocolate, I'm not ready for the cold to come back!
6. "And don't even mention homework!"
How am I supposed to have time to do anything fun with homework to do, books to read, projects to finish, and tests to study for every single night!
7. "I guess I'll get to see my friends every day again, but recess doesn't last forever."
If school was all recess, I wouldn't have anything to complain about!
9. "What if my best friend isn't in my class this year?!"
At least having a class with my close friends will help the day go by a little faster. Without them, I don't know who I would pick for my project partners!
Little did we know that now we would give anything to go back to the days where getting through the school day was all we had to worry about. You're only young once, enjoy it while it lasts!