10 Childhood Movies For Spooky Szn

10 Childhood Movies For Spooky Szn

Halloween, Halloween, this is Halloween

10
10 Childhood Movies For Spooky Szn
Walt Disney Pictures

Trying to get festive the entire month of October? Here are a few of my favorite flicks (nothing too spooky of course).

1. The Haunted Mansion

An often forgotten classic with Eddie Murphy, but never the less amazing. So many people don't associate the movie with the Disney ride, but it's probably one of my favorite movies to watch this time of the year.

2. Matilda

Growing iup everyone raved about this movie that I actually never saw until I was 18 (uncultured I know), but it sure brings a little spooky magic to the air around this season

3. Twitches

twin witches. need I say more? Honestly, I wish I had gotten this oppurnity like how cool?

4. Halloweentown

Literally the entire series brings me joy. I watch it every year, my poor parents have seen it so many times, but it is honestly my favorite way to get in the mood for the season.

5. Hocus Pocus

Anything pertaining to witches is really my thing, so this movie is very much up my alley. It is a classic for sure set in Salem making things all the more spooky.

6. Nightmare Before Christmas

Honestly one of the greatest movies that I found to be the strangest as a child, but Jack Skelton has my heart.

7. Ghostbusters

Who ya gonna call? Pretty sure everyone knows the song as it is an anthem around this season, and the movie (even the remake) is quite the catch.

8. Casper

Pretty sure Casper, both the ghost and human form, was my first love. An absolute treat of a movie with just enough ghoul foolishness.

9. The Harry Potter Series

This one is pretty self explanatory I think? Making your own butterbeer to go with it really sets the vibe too.

10. Beetlejuice

An old thriller with lots of laughs guaranteed.