6 Types Of Friendships As Told By Chemical Reactions

The chemistry of your friends.

1660
We've Got Chemistry

You and your friends have chemistry, no doubt about it. So what better way to pay homage to all your friends than by personifying them through various chemical reactions? Sounds perfectly nerdy to me!

1. Food- based Friendships

Lets start with the basics—and something that every friendship undoubtedly bonds over—food. Here's a pretty simple reaction that I guarantee delivers a sweet and delectable taste to the rest of the world, just like your friendship. Literally, your friendship feeds your soul.

Click here for more information about this chemical reaction.

2. The Explosive Friendships

Here's to the friendships that are intense. So intense that even those around you can see that there is a mutual passion and connection between you and your bud. But watch out, even the simplest of fights can make you two explode with rage.

3. The Passive-Aggressive Friendships

Passive-aggressiveness isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when it interferes with the way you and your comrades communicate, we've got an issue. Here's a good chemical reaction to show you the danger of passive-aggressiveness. You two are the milk and the food coloring. And conflict is the q-tip dipped in dish soap.

Run away!!

4. The Undefined Friendships

So you two have been friends for awhile, but anytime someone asks you what you are, not even you two know! Romantic or not, this kind of relationship keeps you two guessing. And although sometimes, you wish you could finally just "define the relationship," truth is, this friendship style works for you. (Plus, it's kind of exciting!)

Just like this cyclohexane at its triple point, you don't know what state you and your friend should be in. So why not be at all three?

5. The Protective Friends

We all have friends like this! You know that if any creeper or sketchy character even looks at your friend, you've got his/ her back. You're a pro at making the creepers disappear, just like what this glycerol does to the pyrex test tube.

6. The Pretty Friend

Just kidding. Your whole squad is pretty! Your group is the epitome of #squadgoals and when you're together, you make each other sparkle. Like this double replacement reaction between lead nitrate and potassium iodide dissolved in water. Basically, your group is the lead iodide (the product of this reaction, a.k.a. the gold flakes you see) of the world. Congratulations.

Side note: It is okay to be the Bill Nye of your friend group! Though all these reactions are pretty and interesting to look at (one could even say pretty interesting, if you will), I urge you to click on the highlighted links to learn a little bit more about them. I swear I didn't attach any complicated science papers, and for many of these, you could even try them at home! Yes, I'm lookin' at you, cinnamon rolls.

And always remember: