A Ranking of 'The Cheetah Girls' Movies

A Definitive Ranking Of All 3 Of 'The Cheetah Girls' Movies

"Our spots are different, different colors. We're Cheetah Girls. Cheetah Sisters!"

3242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vIdBm6pdg

If you have taste, like me, you loved the Cheetah Girls as a child. Since the year 2003, I have had "Cinderella" (a whole bop) stuck in my head on a constant loop. The "Cheetah Girls" franchise was one of the best franchises to dawn onto Disney Channel. The "Cheetah Girls" movies exposed us young, impressionable children to topics such as feminism and racism, intertwined with catchy pop songs to keep us entertained.

Most people I know have many of the same opinions about the Cheetah Girls. But one opinion I know will probably never be unanimously agreed upon is how each of the three movies ranks against each other. I, being a true Cheetah Girls 'stan' will try to rank each movie with a completely unbiased opinion.

3. "Cheetah Girls: One World" (2008)

"Cheetah Girls: One World" was the third and final installment of the "Cheetah Girls" franchise. Taking place in India, "Cheetah Girls: One World" follows Chanel, Aqua, and Dorinda as they are cast to be in a Bollywood movie, until they realize that the producer of the film asked for one lead actress, creating an internal feud between the Cheetah Girls.

I was a little older when this movie came out, so I found myself to be more critical while watching this third installment. The most noticeable change in this installment is the absence of the diva that is Galleria, played by Raven-Symoné. Raven's absence from the film caused an uproar with fans, stating that she was the best member of the group and that Disney might as well cancel production if Raven wasn't going to be in the movie.

"Cheetah Girls: One World" was one of the few, if not only, Disney Channel Original Movie to be set in India. The soundtrack offers a mix of Pop with Indian undertones, this is most notable in the song "One World." I found the plot to be a bit all over the place. With too many subplots to focus on, the main plot seemed to get a bit blurred.

I'm not saying that this installment was entirely terrible, just compared to the other two "Cheetah Girls" films, this one isn't comparable.

2. "The Cheetah Girls" (2003)

The movie that started it all, the original, and first installment of the "Cheetah Girls" Franchise. This movie offers a great exposition to each of the girls, individually and as a group. We follow the freshman girl group as they prepare for their school's annual talent competition. It's not until they get discovered by a major record producer during their rehearsal, that they face problems with the group's image and every girl's role in the group. They eventually realize that as long as they're together, they will overcome any problems.

Considering I was literally five when this movie came out, I thought this film was the holy grail of Disney Channel movies. The music in this film was good in its time, but only timeless, popular songs like "Cinderella" and "Cheetah Sisters" are remembered and cherished by fans of the film.

The overall soundtrack wasn't strong for a first movie, but this is where the plot and character development picks up what lacks in the soundtrack. The plot was simple and easy to follow, which is expected as the target age group was children through pre-teen. The character development is one of the best I've seen in a 'DCOM.' We really get the sense of sisterhood between the four girls throughout the film. From shopping for one another to giving tough love, this movie showcases the Cheetah Girls' love for each other.

1. "The Cheetah Girls 2" (2006)

At number one, is the much-anticipated sequel, "Cheetah Girls 2." I think this installment is so widely favored because of the strong soundtrack, plot, and cast. The dynamic of the film matured along with its audience. In "Cheetah Girls 2," we follow the quartet as summer is about to begin. Chanel is informed that she and her mom are traveling to Spain to meet with her mom's new boyfriend. With Chanel not wanting to go alone, the other girls find out that there is an amateur music festival in Barcelona. They make it to Spain together to come across trials and tribulations as a group (yet again), but, come through again in the end.

This film was heavily influenced by its Spanish setting. Almost every song incorporates a Spanish flair into the track. The soundtrack to this film is by far the best produced across all three films. The plot is more dynamic, yet still easy to follow making it a very entertaining film.

We see the same love for each other as in the first movie in this movie, proving that the character development in this film is continual from the last film marking an exceptional connection.

That's my ranking and my reasoning! If you feel that you have different opinions, let me know what order you'd put the "Cheetah Girls" film in!