Checklist Before You Buy New Spectacles

Checklist Before You Buy New Spectacles

Glasses are very personal and unique items of everyday use that should be perfectly tailored to you and your lifestyle

62
Women wearing eyeglasses

Buying glasses can be a daunting task, especially if you are a first time buyer. All the optical terms may look like greek and the choices may make you go crazy. Keep calm and read this article for guidance, so that you do no goof up while buying eyeglasses.

Whether you buy glasses online or from any brick and mortar store, the steps to follow for choosing suitable eyeglasses is the same. Your spectacle is your personal accessory, it should perfectly blend with your style and tailored to your comfort. Don't blindly just go for any glasses, without considering its fit, look, quality and visual correction as you cannot take chance with your eyes.

Here is the checklist before you buy glasses online:

Your prescription

Sample Eyeglasses Prescription

Before you buy glasses, you need to understand your prescription properly as it will help you to find the right pair of glasses to correct your vision. Carry your prescription along with you while purchasing your vision correction device. In case of buying glasses online, you can attach your prescription file or send it by mail if the vendor provides you the option. On basis of prescription, it's figured out what kind of lenses you need, single vision, bifocal, progressive or reading glasses. Hence keep your prescription handy.

Know your PD

Like prescription, even PD is important while buying your glasses. PD means the pupillary distance, it's the measurement between the two pupils. PD will help you to get correct glasses to correct your vision. Usually your eyeglasses prescription includes PD. If it's not present, you can get it measured from your optician or else you can measure your PD, yourself.

Which type of lens do you need

Type of lenses depend on your need and choice. Whatever is your requirement, every lens type will ensure vision comfort and correction. There's a plastic lens which is quite affordable as well as robust, then the thin and light in weight high index lens which is high on style and comfort, polycarbonate lens which is suitable for people who are active or on the go as its highly resistant and shields your eyes against the harmful UV radiations.

Lens coating required

Not only vision correction but now your glasses also assure you with vision protection. The leading edge glasses come with addition vision enhancement. You can choose lens coating of your choice to protect your precious eyesight. You can protect your glasses from scratches with anti-scratch coating, eliminate the negative impact of glare or reflection with anti-glare and anti-reflective lens coating. To safeguard your eyes from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays go for 100% UV protective glasses. If you tend to work on digital devices for longer hours, bluelight glasses is recommended.

Other factors to consider:

Frame material - Apart from these factors when you buy glasses, it is also wise to consider the material of frames. As you will be wearing your glasses almost all day long, comfort plays a very important role. You might be allergic to some material, so consider frame material that are hypoallergenic.

Frame shape - There are plethora of frame choices available. Choose style that suits your personality. Cat-eye, round, rectangle, oval, square, clubmaster, wayfarer, aviator, the choice of frames are just unlimited, try and get the perfect pair. Even online eyewear stores are offering trying options. You can check the virtual try-on option and pick the glasses that suits you the best.

It will take some time to adjust to new glasses but once your eyes get adapted to specs, you can rest assured with flawless vision. However if you have any query regarding your vision correction device, it is always better to consult an optician.