Check Out Your Local Political Parties
Politics

Check Out Your Local Political Parties

Pick up on some wisdom from the community

35
Check Out Your Local Political Parties
Michael Browning

If you are reading this article there is a pretty good chance that you are a college student and you should be checking out the political parties on your campus. Go and check out all the groups but there is something else you can be doing if politics is something that interests you. BUT you should also take one or two nights out of your MONTH and find yourself a political party meeting in the community. Counties and regional areas will have the local Democrat or Republican group that are open for all the members of the community.

If you are already attending or are involved with your campus political party, challenge yourselves and check out the county meetings. The county meetings offer a different dynamic and perspective than college groups because you would be removing yourself from a very specific student demographic. Local groups might foster different conversations at the meetings that you can then take out into world.

You are going to meet the coolest people at these meetings. With such a wide variety of people in attendance you can meet young families, politicians, and then people that have been around the block a couple of times. The politicians in attendance might be there talking about local matters or they might be running for congress. The older people have the coolest stories of their political involvement throughout the years. These are stories that you would only read in interviews or history books, but you would be lucky enough to hear them in person.

If you have not gone and checked out a meeting, go do it this month!