The Cheapest Options To Stay Warm This Winter

Save yourself from the cold and save money while doing it this winter.

185

Winter is only weeks away, and with that comes the cold. It can be difficult to keep yourself warm in the winter months, so many people end up bundling in layers upon layers of long sleeve shirts, jackets, hats and anything else that can keep them warm.

Buying all of these things can really hurt a bank account, though, so it is important to know which companies can give you the most quality for your dollar. These companies will have you and your wallet smiling this winter while you walk warmly through the snow.

1. Boots

Top choice - Columbia

Columbia Is a brand that puts out quality winter products across the board, and their boots are no exception. They have a few styles to choose from depending on whether you need tall boots for a few feet of snow or shorter ones for warm feet. Columbia also offers many choices in the way of colors on their boots, allowing you to pick the perfect pair for you.

Along with having great quality, they are one of the cheaper shoes on the market, retailing anywhere from $60 to $200 at most.

Backup Plan - L. L. Bean

L. L. Bean is a great company for boots, and their signature model, Duck Boots, being very popular with buyers. They also have a number of styles to choose from, although nearly all versions are a variation of the duck boot style. These boots are very warm and can be waterproof if you want to spend a little extra to keep your feet dry.

L. L. Bean is a good choice for boots, however, they are not the cheapest, and will run you anywhere from $100 to $250.

2. Jackets

Top Choice - North Face

North Face is one of the best brands for winter clothing, period. They have a vast variety to choose from in terms of styles, sizes and what they can handle. Many of their jackets are at least water resistant, while you can opt for fully waterproof if you choose. There are different versions that are built for a 20-degree winter and some for a - 10-degree winter. Most, if not all, of their jackets, are windproof as well, so you will not have to deal with any harsh winds.

If you choose to go with a North Face, you're probably going to be spending between $100 and $400, though there is no real need to drop $400 on one. While their jackets are not the absolute cheapest on the market, they are on the cheaper end while also being one of the best quality choices, bringing them to the top of the list.

Backup Plan - Columbia

Appearing again on the list is Columbia. Their quality extends further than just boots, as they make jackets that will easily get you through the winter. Also coming water resistant/proof, the jackets are built to last for years so long as you don't grow out of them. There are a huge number of choices, so there is something for everyone here. Although they are great quality pieces of clothing, they simply are not as good as North Face, dropping them a spot below.

Because there are so many options, there is a massive price range for these products, at $35 to $750, though a $100 coat from here is going to do just fine in most places.

3. Gloves

SealSkinz

A bit of a lesser known brand here, but SealSkinz has some extremely high-quality gloves for the price they sell it. A specific pair I would recommend is the Dragon Eye model. Though they are a little more expensive than other brands or versions, this pair of gloves is waterproof, durable and slim enough to be able to still use your hands unlike many other bulky pairs of gloves. Along with all of the necessities they include, this pair of gloves comes touchscreen compatible, so no worries about using your phone.

These gloves are great for pretty cold winters and will cost about $60. Not bad considering everything they can do.