Photojournalism: Chattanooga, Tennessee

Chattanooga Day Trip For The 4th of July

I didn't realize how much this trip would mean to me.

5
Madhurya Gajula

Every year for the Fourth of July, my family tries to do something besides watching fireworks at our local park. This year, my family decided to head up to Chattanooga, Tennessee. I'd never been to Chattanooga to explore the city before this, so we did a lot of touristy activities, including taking a tour of the city!

We started off with lunch since we had gotten there a little after noon. Little did I know, I would find my FAVORITE meal ever. This is the Voodoo Chicken from Boathouse. If you're ever in town, you need to check this out.

The restaurant is called Boathouse since it's located right next to the Tennessee River. This was the view from our table on the patio.

After lunch, we decided to head to a tour of the city since it was our first time exploring the city. On our way to a boat tour of Chattanooga on the Tennessee River, we saw the Tennessee Aquarium.

Soon after that, we got onto the boat to begin our tour.

We saw the Hunter Museum of American Art...

the Tennessee Aquarium...

the iconic Walnut Street Bridge...

and Ross's Landing, a Native American memorial for the Trail of Tears.

After the tour of Chattanooga and the Riverside Park area, we decided to drive up to see Lookout Mountain. We went up the area to see the Lookout Mountain Incline.

The view from this spot was breathtaking! You could see so far out into the distance, which was amazing to me.